Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Loanee Tracker Thread 2021-22

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That’s more like your old self. Lol.

I agree with most of that tbh :) you see, I’m not all bad ... just a bit baffled and frustrated, then again I’m not privy to the internal goings on within the club and as such can only base my ramblings on what I feel and what I might have done.

Fully agree re Connolly btw, and yes if we can wrench JL out of the club and recall one or two I’d be reasonably happy tbh.

Here’s hoping January delivers a bit of freshness and impetus, but not in a 50 million pound gamble we simply cannot afford.

Albion.

Ps I meant young and surplus in terms of numbers at the time, but certainly not the ‘not going to cut it’ category - obviously.
Yes, we probably agree about more than we thought! :)

Back on thread topic, apart from Khadra and van Hecke having a good result with Blackburn, Ryan Longman started for Hull (subbed after an hour). A division lower, both Weir and Walton got a full 90 minutes, while in Jockoland Cochrane (who has been a bit out of favour at Hearts lately) came on early for the injured Kingsley, whie Dendoncker didn't get off the bench for St. Johnstone.
Aberdeen fans seem delighted to have got rid of one of their pair of hated English loanees (Longstaffe recalled by Newcastle). Jenks still hanging on - wonder what will happen to him in January?

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I totally agree with everything you have written on this thread

I am generally pro-Potter and pro club,but the decision to send out Zeqiri,Sima AND Khadra out on loan and keep Connolly is frankly laughable.I accept that they had no choice with Andone and Locadia.As i said before the season started,Khadra could have provided competion for Trossard and being being fast and direct could have provided an option off the bench

I am beginning to wonder who makes these decisions

Or has hindsight shown that sending Zequiri, Sima and Khadra out on loan was the right decision and that whatever factors meant Connolly stayed just didn't work out due to injury, loss of form and circumstance. I think whoever made those decisions got three right at least. We don't know the full story why Connolly couldn't start until the Wolves game, but that certainly wasn't the game to settle judgement on him or any of the others who failed that night.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, we probably agree about more than we thought! :)

Back on thread topic, apart from Khadra and van Hecke having a good result with Blackburn, Ryan Longman started for Hull (subbed after an hour). A division lower, bit Weir and Walton got a full 90 minutes, while in Jockolandm Cochrane (who hasn't been a bit out of favour at Hearts lately) came on early for the injured Kingsley, whie Dendoncker didn't get off the bench for St. Johnstone.
Aberdeen fans seem delighted to have got rid of one of their pair of hated English loanees (Longstaffe recalled by Newcastle). Jenks still hanging on - wonder what will happen to him in January?

I think Jenks outcome will be decided in the next four games (from tomorrow until January 2). If he plays a lot and performs well I'll guess he will just stick around there hoping for a better spring. Otherwise probably recalled and either loaned out again or playing with the U23s (he is only 19 so another six months in the U23s probably wouldnt hurt him).

Could add that Zeqiri played 60 minutes for Augsburg and Caicedo all game for Beerschot.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I think Jenks outcome will be decided in the next four games (from tomorrow until January 2). If he plays a lot and performs well I'll guess he will just stick around there hoping for a better spring. Otherwise probably recalled and either loaned out again or playing with the U23s (he is only 19 so another six months in the U23s probably wouldnt hurt him).

Could add that Zeqiri played 60 minutes for Augsburg and Caicedo all game for Beerschot.

caicedo was taken off at half time

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will 24 year old Mitoma ever be worthy of / get a chance with the Albion?

I realise it’s only the Belgian league, but he looks the business in Union SG clips.

Yes I think so.

I watched pretty much two thirds of Kawasaki Frontales games in the 2020 season (because they played ****ing magic football) and Mitoma was excellent. They had a couple of really good players, such as former Brazilian international Leandro Damiao, a couple of nice, merited old uncles, and super talent Ao Tanaka, but Mitoma was a class above.

Obviously it is a huge step and I wouldnt expect wonders immediatly but I think he could contribute to the squad if it is possible to get him over in January.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I think so.

I watched pretty much two thirds of Kawasaki Frontales games in the 2020 season (because they played ****ing magic football) and Mitoma was excellent. They had a couple of really good players, such as former Brazilian international Leandro Damiao, a couple of nice, merited old uncles, and super talent Ao Tanaka, but Mitoma was a class above.

Obviously it is a huge step and I wouldnt expect wonders immediatly but I think he could contribute to the squad if it is possible to get him over in January.

I hope so.

His ball control at searing pace and directness would be something different. Not seen since pre injury Izquierdo.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I dont think it was ever about Zeqiri/Sima/Khadra OR Connolly. Think the club made a decision a long time ago that Khadra and Zeqiri needs regular game time this season and Connollys alleged lack of ability shouldnt stop them from getting what they need to become PL footballers.

What I do think is that up until the last day it was about New Striker or Connolly. As the Irish coach said, Connolly was about to go on loan as well but something stopped the deal. This "something" is probably Brighton failing to sign another striker.

I think the club looked at every situation individually rather than making a comparison between the different players. Khadra was injured all spring, deserves to train with the senior team but would then be limited in his appearances for U23; needed a loan. Zeqiri deal was a no-brainer: almost guaranteed starter in a Bundesliga team or occasional minutes on the pitch for Brighton, for me it is a given to loan him out and hope others can cover his minutes. Sima - I'm guessing - was a last minute signing coming from a sudden opportunity that would not happen if Brighton had signed the player they wanted so a quick decision - right or wrong, there is no way to know how good he actually is - was made to loan him out.

As for Connolly I think the club, considering that he has gathered some experience now and has a handful of high quality performances, felt that once they didnt get another striker, they know he is capable of the occasional performance and took a chance of him improving that.

I think in the best of worlds, Brighton would have another striker (or attacking player in general) and I think everyone would be quite happy with all of these loan deals (+ Connolly also being loaned out).

It is not Connolly`s "alleged lack of ability" that is the problem,it is his billy-bollocks attitude.He has been given enough chances.We cannot all be wrong.The sooner he goes the better.

As for Zeqirii/Sima/Khadra if they are not ready for the squad now,they never will be

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is not Connolly`s "alleged lack of ability" that is the problem,it is his billy-bollocks attitude.He has been given enough chances.We cannot all be wrong.The sooner he goes the better.

As for Zeqirii/Sima/Khadra if they are not ready for the squad now,they never will be

Not everyone agrees with you on the subject of Connolly.

And what you're saying about Zeqiri, Sima and Khadra is obviously ridiculous.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Reda Khadra with a goal for Blackburn. Tidy finish apparently.

Anyone know if we’ve got a recall clause in the loan?

He'll be learning and developing more by playing week in, week out for Blackburn than he would've done warming the bench for us. Perfoming well in the Championship doesn't necessarily mean he's ready to do it in the top flight.
Looks as if Van Hecke and Khadra are likely to complete the season at Blackburn.
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....rn-rovers-brighton-loanee-set-see-loan-spell/

Wonder if we'd loan them out to them again of they're in the PL next season? Next few weeks set to be very interesting - wonder which, if any of our loanees we'll recall (and/or send elsewhere) - or indeed if we send any more youngsters out for half a season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Young Dendoncker gets an early lunchtime start at McDiarmid Park against Celtic. Big game for the lad.

If you've got Virgin TV, it's live on channel 110.

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Blackburn on sky this afternoon if anyones interested.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Jenks starting for Aberdeen vs Dundee.

Dundee leading 0-1 after only a few minutes. Due to Covid they have only four players on the bench, one of them the assistant manager who stopped playing 5 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here