NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
4488d4de979ac70fac2311607ddc9040.png

Hugton Out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be interesting to know where they go next but sadly looks like Chris is gone.

There’s no way the Forest squad is that bad how the form suggests - either over the last 40 odd games or this season

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
At least they didnt drop a 1-0 lead. The fans are going to appreciate the change.

Possibly not, they're a poor team and could easily stay at the bottom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gone.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Depends on who they go for. If they pick someone with a plan, there's a decent chance of survival.

We all know you don't like Hughton but even you must know a successful manager such as Hughton would have had a plan.

Fergie was only one game away from the bullet.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We all know you don't like Hughton but even you must know a successful manager such as Hughton would have had a plan.

Fergie was only one game away from the bullet.

I have absolutely no problems with Hughton, seems like a good man and a good manager. But sometimes even good men and good managers fail and thats the case with Hughton in Nottingham. I know several people in here refuse to believe that he could do anything wrong anywhere but - while they have other issues as well - he ****ed up this one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I have absolutely no problems with Hughton, seems like a good man and a good manager. But sometimes even good men and good managers fail and thats the case with Hughton in Nottingham. I know several people in here refuse to believe that he could do anything wrong anywhere but - while they have other issues as well - he ****ed up this one.

Having worked with the likes of Barber & Bloom, it seemed odd that he’d linked up with the shower that runs Forest.

He transformed a shit Brighton squad but with no help from the Forest board, he has a weaker squad than last year. They’d struggle to survive, even with someone like Dyche or Klopp. I’m a little saddened Chris was given first dibs on the likes of Khadra, Sima or Clarke.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The first 6 months were OK and he kept Forest up. The key is what happened over the summer - recruitment was abysmal. Four players promoted from the Under-23s, five new signings - none of which have made any material impression on the 1st XI. The manager has to take a lot of the blame, although it remains to be seen the budgetary constraints he was under.

It doesn't escape my notice that the timing could well work in Chris's favour for his next job:

1. The Ireland manager Stephen Kenny is rubbish and in danger of getting the chop.
2. Brighton have no less than 6 players in the Ireland senior and Under 21 squads (Duffy, Molumby, Connolly, Moran, Ferguson, Furlong).
3. The Ireland job would mean Hughton could remain near London, keep tabs on the bulk of his squad, not be subject to a restricted transfer budget and potentially have some security of tenure for a few years.
4. Kenny has lowered expectations and taken pressure off his successor - nobody could do worse than lose at home to Luxembourg, drawing with Qatar and Azerbaijan.
5. The likes of Wilder and Terry are available and may be interested in the Forest job.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s not that.

Mullery and Hughton are adored/respected for what they did to this modest football club. Hughton gave us an amazing 28 months delivering an astonishing number of wins, goals, hammerings and only our second ever stint in the top flight.

A few posters bizarrely seem to revel in his failure at Forest, I put that down to a reaction to people knocking Potter.

Over time, my guess is that Hughton will be universally revered by Albion fans.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

Love Chrissy Hughton, doesn't matter a jot to me what he does now at other clubs, it wouldn't ever change what he did for us. A legend amongst the managers of BHA in my lifetime, amongst Lloyd, Brady, Gritt, Adams, McGhee, Slade, Poyet. Potter still unproven but getting there. Not necessarily all due to their good management or results or success but because of the emotional connection you won't understand and may probably ridicule.

ps - Hughton was rightly dismissed by Bloom, as were others on the list above. All managers have a shelf life.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s not that.

Mullery and Hughton are adored/respected for what they did to this modest football club. Hughton gave us an amazing 28 months delivering an astonishing number of wins, goals, hammerings and only our second ever stint in the top flight.

A few posters bizarrely seem to revel in his failure at Forest, I put that down to a reaction to people knocking Potter.

Over time, my guess is that Hughton will be universally revered by Albion fans.

Yes by Albion fans, you firmly hit the nail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports