Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really LAME claims to fame

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
was in the same school side as Joe Cole.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
Great thread!

Arthur Mullard once signed my plimsoll (as I didn't have any paper handy!).

My band played at the same pit in West Hampstead that Joy Division had played one of their last ever gigs 4 years previously.

I served Jane Warner (ex P3) some Tampax when working on the checkout in Boots.

My son scored one of the last ever goals into the North Stand goal at the Goldstone.

I tried to collect money from Charlie Kray (via the phone, not the door, hence I'm still here!).

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Think mine are about as lame as you get.

1) Had lunch with both David Bowie's mother and John Major's mothers as they belonged to the sae Townswomens Guild as my late aunt.

2) Got to know Henry Kelly and Simon Bates along with various others at Classic FM. Jamie Crick intruduced me to Charlotte Church who asked me what computer to buy.

3) Was on TV in New Jersey and was interviewed by the local TV's Celebrity weather man as I was their token 'Briddishah'.

4) Was on top rated Chattanooga radio station driving Mrs BHA to work. We had a mock arguement and they once again were taken aback by my accent.

5) Met the bloke who plays Ryan Neasmith from Dream Team on London Bridge station and didn't recognise him as I was making a fuss of his beautful Siberian Husky. Emailed him later and got a very nice reply.

6) Interviewed in Oklahoma City by local TV doing sound bites and once again confused them as they couldn't understand English. Also, through friends of friends met some of the Flamming Lips, bunch of weirdos but nice enough.

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
garry nelsons left foot said:
Who's your son?

Scott McGleish?!:ohmy:

Nah. I couldn't get to the Donny game as I had to watch my mother get her OU Degree at the Brighton Centre so phoned the club up on the Thursday before and asked if I could take my boy (who was then 15 months) out there to look around for one last time. They agreed so me & my eldest had the whole place to ourselves on the Thursday evening and kicked a ball around for an hour or so whilst the missus tooked loads of photos.

It still brings a tear to the eye when I look through the album from time to time.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm married to Zoe A, who used to be on the Radio 1 Breakfast show with Zoe Ball.

Now that really is a shoddy claim.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I was am extra in the film Local Hero.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I know Mohammed George (Gus from Eastenders)

I have fallen out with a mate who used to go out with F. Cotton for comments written about her by me on NSC! – she was also upset

I’m mates with Lauren Pope and was at the club with her the fateful night she pulled Prince Harry.

I’ve drunk with Ben stiller, Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan (all on one table) when Stiller and Wilson were promoting starsky and hutch, Stiller even heled me and my mate pull some girls!

….and ive met a load of celebs Brad Pitt, Jude Law, Chelsea team, Prince Willy and Harry, Paris Hilton, KRS-1 and a fair few c listers.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
in 1979, whilst on leave in eastbourne, me and my mate got pissed up and ended up up knocking off 2 birds at their place. we had to get back to chatham (kent) by 0800 the next morning. we booked a taxi for 0400 to ensure we got back safely. at 0400 our taxi hadnt arrived so we went looking for one. we eventually saw a taxi outside an italian coffee bar near the sea front just down from the burlington hotel (i think). i went into the cafe and asked if the taxi outside was ours and that we were going to be late if we didnt get going. to my suprise 'Danny Le f***ing Rue' pipes up that it was his fault the taxi hadnt turned up because he had decided to take it. i told him where we had to go, he invited us into the cafe for a drink (lager), got into the taxi with us, the taxi dropped him off in ratton drive somewhere and he gave the taxi driver £60 to pay for our trip to chatham.
unfortunately me and my mate where 15 mins adrift (late) and we had to run to the ship, jump onto the gangway that was being hoisted up by a crane and jump onboard, straight into the arms of the 1st Lt :nono: .
we were going to norway for a 10 day visit. me and my mate were given 10 days stoppage of leave :angry:
to this day i have never liked DLFR.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Was in the same primary school class as Dean Cox :wave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My Grandfather played football for barnsley

My Dad ( RIP) played football for Huddersfield Town Boys and Cricket for Yorkshire 2nds

My godfather was Chris Balderstone(RIP), England Cricketer, professional Footballer and international umpire.

I hit Tony Grieg in the face with a bouncer in the nets at hove when I played for Brighton and hove

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:
My Grandfather played football for barnsley

My Dad ( RIP) played football for Huddersfield Town Boys and Cricket for Yorkshire 2nds

My godfather was Chris Balderstone(RIP), England Cricketer, professional Footballer and international umpire.

I hit Tony Grieg in the face with a bouncer in the nets at hove when I played for Brighton and hove

Bloody hell, Dies Irae. A fine sporting family.

I was best friends with Paul Parker's son and we used to play in the nets with the players. I faced Franklyn Stephenson in the nets at Hove - he bowled spin at me ;)

Plus I had Giles Hayward - ex-Sussex and Nottingham player, dropped over the boundary for a six during a house match at school. :down:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BarrelofFun said:
Bloody hell, Dies Irae. A fine sporting family.

I was best friends with Paul Parker's son and we used to play in the nets with the players. I faced Franklyn Stephenson in the nets at Hove - he bowled spin at me ;)

Plus I had Giles Hayward - ex-Sussex and Nottingham player, dropped over the boundary for a six during a house match at school. :down:

Playing cricket for South Western Schoolboys against lancashire, I called "Bumble" a f***ing cheating lancastrian c**t when I had him caught behind off a jaffa of a ball and he didnt walk. He went on to get 156 not out.

I was hauled before the comitee as I was the only "comprehensive" oik in a team of public school boys ( winchester, malmesbury, Bristol grammer etc) I was told that this behaviour was unacceptable.

the next game against a touring West Indian schoolboys team in Bristol, I told Ian Bishop ( the fast bowler) to " bowl properly you B**** wanker" when he spent three overs trying to knock my head off after I smacked him out of the Bristol Ground for six and laughed in his face when he gave me the stare. I went on to get 75 and never played for them again....... I was not surprised but my parents were livid and wrote to the comitee!!!!

Looking back I was a gobby big shit who took it far too seriously:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dies Irae said:
Playing cricket for South Western Schoolboys against lancashire.....................Looking back I was a gobby big shit who took it far too seriously:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You don't know Ian Gamble and Ross Wendover do you? I think they played for Devon, but also South Western Schoolboys....

Perhaps you did take it a little too seriously :lol: Nothing like riling a fast bowler, so that you can clatter them about. Not sure I would do it to Ian Bishop though! :eek:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Dies Irae said:

Looking back I was a gobby big shit who took it far too seriously:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
WAS?:lolol: ;)

poke

Oct 19, 2003
I've spoken to Louis Saha and Johnathon Ross on the phone at work.

Adam El abds mum taught me when i was in junior school.

My dads cousin used to play for brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here