Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
XooX said:
I don't think McGhee Out banners or abuse and negative chanting will make a blind bit of difference to our predicament. I think some of the ideas on other threads along the lines of Fancy Dress, having a bloody good laugh and joke, taking the piss out of our situation and generally lightening up a bit to create a more positive atmosphere will be a better use of our time.

I for one am fed up feeling miserable and depressed at home games this season and will be spending all the remaining fixtures channelling my energy into having a good time on Saturday afternoons.

Anyone else up for some positive action??:clap2:
Everyone turn up naked for our final home game. :eek:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Simster said:
Guess what, I didn't mean that he LITERALLY fell out with players every THREE days. But he hasn't got a good track this season, has he.

If you think I meant it literally, then you're obviously a BIT THICK.
McCammon, Knight and Jarrett. Three players who could upset any apple cart.

And don't mention Kuipers, because McGhee did not fall out with him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Here we go again :rolleyes: Anybody got any good recipes ?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
The Large One said:
I think you'll find if any players see that banner, they might want to come up and take it turns to smack your teeth in. If you're lucky.

They understand loyalty.

To be fair, it might not be just the players who react that way. This sort of behaviour would cause a rift between fans as well. The (in general) hot headed younger fans who misguidedly believe these are the bad times and calling for the managers head. The (again in general) older heads who believe we over achieved last season and that we will always struggle at this level without a level playing field income wise (no matter who the flippin manager or Chairman is). Everyone is entitled to their view of course, and generations of fans will always clash in discussion as they've had differing experiences in their years as supporters.

Over 30 years of supporting the Albion has taught me one thing though, it is times such as these when the true meaning of 'fan' comes to the fore. I just hope we can channel our collective energy and emotion into supporting the team til the very end of this season. They need us, and we should not let issues over individuals derail our backing right til the end. A banner like that mentioned certainly wouldn't help and smacks of fickle and short term support after last season. IF we get relegated (and the fight isn't over yet), let's at least be able to say that as fans we gave it everything.

Last edited:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I have been fully behind McGhee but am now having serious doubts.

My main concern is the falling out with senior players and the loaning out off others when we need all our resources to contend for the rest of the season.

I know McCammon is a frustrating player but we did look more effective around xmas when he came on and held the ball up. Alby made a good contribution earlier in the season and with the Frenchies clearly wilting, he is a useful option for the squad. Also, should Hendo be injured then it is madness having a youngster on the bench when Michel is fit.

The main advantage for me of ditching McGhee is that we could bring these players back into the fold immediately, turn over a fresh page and get everyone in the club pulling together for the last 10 games.

I would go for Dean Wilkins - half the team were mentored by him and would run through brick walls for him. He may not be the most charismatic but he has got results. This removes the financial objection as well.

PG.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Simster said:
I don't recall Luton, Crewe, Stoke, or QPR spending loads of cash on players.

And even if they did, the fact is that was all that was made available to OUR manager, and he has totally SPUNKED IT.

Do you know anything about Stoke? They spent £1 million on a striker in the summer. Luton spent about £150k on Vine and have also spent money on Feeney and Nicholls among others. Crewe are below us. QPR have spent money on Evatt, Shittu and I think Rowlands cost about the £350k that our whole squad cost.

Anyway if we are including Carole, Frutos and CKR in the fees then how has he 'totally spunked it'? Those three have all been good additions to the squad it is only Turienzo who was a waste of money and that is at most £150k.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Buckwheat Pasta with Cabbage and Fontina Cheese

Servings: 4-6
Level of difficulty: Intermediate
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients
1 potato, cut into small cubes
2 leeks, shredded
1 small Savoy cabbage (inner leaves only), diced
2 sage leaves
125g Butter
100g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
175g fontina cheese, diced
salt and fresh ground black pepper

For the pasta:
250g buckwheat flour
200g '00' flour or unbleached plain flour
200ml warm water
1 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tbsp Salt

Method
1. First make the pasta. In a large bowl, mix the two types of flour together. Make a well in the middle and pour the water and olive oil into the well. Stir, gradually drawing in the flour from around the edge, to form a dough.

2. Knead the dough vigorously for about 10 minutes until it is smooth and springy. If the dough is too dry, wet your hands. Don't wet the dough.

3. Cut into pieces wide enough for your pasta machine. Pass each piece through the rollers, starting on the highest setting, and continuing down to setting 3. This dough is quite dry and brittle, so you don't want it too thin.

4. Cut the dough into 1cm thick strips and set aside.

5. Put the potato into a large saucepan of boiling salted water (at least 3 litres). Cook for a few minutes until 'al dente'.

6. Add the pasta to the pan along with the leeks, cabbage and sage leaves. Bring back to the boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until the pasta is 'al dente'.

7. Drain, then tip into a warm serving dish. Add the butter and both the cheeses. Mix well, then season to taste and serve.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
and all u do goodys can stay there and support him but really ur just SCARED. Scared cos u may have met him or know one of the players.... f*** it - we should have easily stayed up with the money we've had. Mcgoo OUT [/B]

Well said. They were doing the same thing when we boycotted the Mansfield game and it's always the same line: "lets just get behind the team". Sometimes you need to take action, if a player or manager is shit then why shouldn't you be able to tell them that? Mark McGhee is not BHAFC, he's been at other clubs in the past and will be in the future. An attack against McGhee is NOT an attack against the club. In my opinion McGhee hasn't done the best he could with the resources he's had, but it's too late now. Sack him when we're mathmatically down and give someone else a fighting chance to get us back up next season.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Peter Grummit said:

My main concern is the falling out with senior players and the loaning out off others when we need all our resources to contend for the rest of the season.

I know McCammon is a frustrating player but we did look more effective around xmas when he came on and held the ball up. Alby made a good contribution earlier in the season and with the Frenchies clearly wilting, he is a useful option for the squad. Also, should Hendo be injured then it is madness having a youngster on the bench when Michel is fit.

The main advantage for me of ditching McGhee is that we could bring these players back into the fold immediately, turn over a fresh page and get everyone in the club pulling together for the last 10 games.

I would go for Dean Wilkins - half the team were mentored by him and would run through brick walls for him. He may not be the most charismatic but he has got results. This removes the financial objection as well.

PG.

Dean Wilkins is doing a superb job with the youngsters - the one area where the club can truly say they're doing exceptionally well. Why the hell would we want to jeopardise that? No, DW should stay put and continue the excellent work he's doing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Peter Grummit said:

PG.
The reason these players are out on loan (with the exception of Kuipers, who chose not to battle for his place) is that they are disruptive. Being a decent player on the pitch is one thing...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Finchley Seagull said:
Do you know anything about Stoke? They spent £1 million on a striker in the summer. Luton spent about £150k on Vine and have also spent money on Feeney and Nicholls among others. Crewe are below us. QPR have spent money on Evatt, Shittu and I think Rowlands cost about the £350k that our whole squad cost.

Anyway if we are including Carole, Frutos and CKR in the fees then how has he 'totally spunked it'? Those three have all been good additions to the squad it is only Turienzo who was a waste of money and that is at most £150k.
Shittu was bought YEARS ago, the Rowlands cash (£350k) is still a drop in the ocian compared to the £1.25m we sold Virgo for, (and if we're going way back to when they bought Shittu, I'll add the £1.5m we sold BZ for). Stoke have only spent money they generated through selling and you prove my point regarding Luton - they have the spent the same as us, they have a pony ground yet they are FAR better than us.

I know we need the money for off-field reasons, but they have obviously ring fenced TOO MUCH of the transfer profits for this. Consequently, we're going down because we haven't invested enough money in players, and what money we have invested has been wasted.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Billy the Fish said:
Well said. They were doing the same thing when we boycotted the Mansfield game and it's always the same line: "lets just get behind the team". Sometimes you need to take action, if a player or manager is shit then why shouldn't you be able to tell them that? Mark McGhee is not BHAFC, he's been at other clubs in the past and will be in the future. An attack against McGhee is NOT an attack against the club. In my opinion McGhee hasn't done the best he could with the resources he's had, but it's too late now. Sack him when we're mathmatically down and give someone else a fighting chance to get us back up next season.

So because I support Mark McGhee I also supported the people who wrecked this club permanently. I have rarely read a more moronic post than this and it just shows your lack of understanding of the situation we are in. Whatever anybody thinks about Mark McGhee everything he does is with the intention of us winning whether it works or not.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Large One said:
The reason these players are out on loan (with the exception of Kuipers, who chose not to battle for his place) is that they are disruptive. Being a decent player on the pitch is one thing...

But it is McGhee's responsibility to resolve these disputes. It may not be his fault but it is his responsibility, as part of the job description of Manager.

PG

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
Harold said:
To be fair, it might not be just the players who react that way. This sort of behaviour would cause a rift between fans as well. The (in general) hot headed younger fans who misguidedly believe these are the bad times and calling for the managers head. The (again in general) older heads who believe we over achieved last season and that we will always struggle at this level without a level playing field income wise (no matter who the flippin manager or Chairman is).

The age of fans has nothing to do with it, I'm older and want him out, and I do remember some very dark days.

Your talking bollox.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Peter Grummit said:
But it is McGhee's responsibility to resolve these disputes. It may not be his fault but it is his responsibility, as part of the job description of Manager.

PG
The main cause of dispute was that the players in question weren't playing. You believe they should have been playing, McGhee chose others. Who is right and who is wrong is one question - it's the reaction to not playing which caused the rumpus.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Simster said:
Shittu was bought YEARS ago, the Rowlands cash (£350k) is still a drop in the ocian compared to the £1.25m we sold Virgo for, (and if we're going way back to when they bought Shittu, I'll add the £1.5m we sold BZ for). Stoke have only spent money they generated through selling and you prove my point regarding Luton - they have the spent the same as us, they have a pony ground yet they are FAR better than us.

I know we need the money for off-field reasons, but they have obviously ring fenced TOO MUCH of the transfer profits for this. Consequently, we're going down because we haven't invested enough money in players, and what money we have invested has been wasted.

But that is Archer and Stanley's fault for selling the Goldstone. Not McGhee's as he has brought in £2.5 million on transfers since December 2004 and that has gone to keeping us alive. The only money he has wasted is on Turienzo and I am sure that the other clubs that you mentioned have wasted money too. My actual point was it is difficult for us to compete financially at this level and nothing you have said has disproved that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Large One said:
The main cause of dispute was that the players in question weren't playing. You believe they should have been playing, McGhee chose others. Who is right and who is wrong is one question - it's the reaction to not playing which caused the rumpus.

I reckon you're on the albion payroll

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
But that is Archer and Stanley's fault for selling the Goldstone. Not McGhee's as he has brought in £2.5 million on transfers since December 2004 and that has gone to keeping us alive. The only money he has wasted is on Turienzo and I am sure that the other clubs that you mentioned have wasted money too. My actual point was it is difficult for us to compete financially at this level and nothing you have said has disproved that.

So due to the fact that it is difficult for us to compete financially, when we do have money, it makes it all the more frustrating that it is not invested wisely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here