Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mcghee out banner

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lordbez said:
Im behind the team not the manager, simple as that.

I dont seem to hear many songs about Mcghee from all you loyal hardcore supporters.

You all back him by making excuses for him, the bloke is full of shit and so are you.

Ill support the team, I always do, no matter how bad the performances are.

However it's his job to get them playing, and he aint up to it.

Let's say you do take this banner along. If you took a straw poll of the players, how many of them do you think will have felt you were supporting the team? I'd venture none of them.

The fact that you "can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't" doesn't suggest that you have given this much thought.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Lordbez said:
Im behind the team not the manager, simple as that.

I dont seem to hear many songs about Mcghee from all you loyal hardcore supporters.

You all back him by making excuses for him, the bloke is full of shit and so are you.

Ill support the team, I always do, no matter how bad the performances are.

However it's his job to get them playing, and he aint up to it.

Im not questioning your loyalty or support of the club or team, However I cant see how getting rid of the manager will sort anything, then we will just get ernist saying clipboard kid out etc. Imho I think he is trying his best and with no money and a team feeling down because theres never much support by US fans. McGhee In:bowdown:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
dwayne said:
The guy is deluded, he really should be apologising to the fans who pay good money to see defeat after defeat at the moment

Placcy think results arent important tho:jester:

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
It was the complete lack of plan B that was the worry.

He made comments earlier in the season about how we were going to play this more attacking game with wingers, but it is not working, yet he seems to be too stubborn to admitt this and so is just carrying on.

Curbishley was trying that at Charlton this season, found it wasn't working, so changed it all and went back to basics even if it meant pissing off some of the 'flair' players.

It worked, they've got a lot better and got the results.

McGhee clearly hasn't got his playing resources, but he does seem to have got a bit stuck tactically. The Watford game convinced me that some of the morale doubts were unfounded, the team were pulling together and were just unlucky.

But the Crewe defeat is not so easily explained away (see also Leicester, Millwall...). We're going to finish bottom at this rate.

If you were of that mind, the time for 'McGhee Out' banners would have been Oct/Nov when it could have made a difference. Not now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rougvie said:
Placcy think results arent important tho:jester:

No they are not important. They are even less important at the beginning of the season.

I always thought that results win football matches and you simply need to score more goals than the other team.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
If you were of that mind, the time for 'McGhee Out' banners would have been Oct/Nov when it could have made a difference. Not now.

Not sure where I said I would take a McGhee Out banner, but anyway, regarding him, he is not going to walk of his own accord, the small matter of another years guarnteed money will see to that. Not sure what taking a banner will achieve, however eventually at a game the crowd will get on his back if the current run of results continue. It happened to Lloyd, it happened to Case and it happened to Hinshlewood.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lay off McGhee , I have accepted relegation this weekend but a McGhee out banner is totally out of order.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Not sure where I said I would take a McGhee Out banner, but anyway, regarding him, he is not going to walk of his own accord, the small matter of another years guarnteed money will see to that. Not sure what taking a banner will achieve, however eventually at a game the crowd will get on his back if the current run of results continue. It happened to Lloyd, it happened to Case and it happened to Hinshlewood.

Exactly because superfans (who obviously only associate with other superfans) say LDC, wages, stadium, resources :bla: :bla: :bla:

The average withdean punter is going to get pissed off very very soon. Harty said a couple of weeks ago that if this was the Goldstone the crowd would be angry at our recent performances.

They dont care about LDC, wages, stadium, facilities :bla: :bla: :bla: Just look at the league and go - yep were shit.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In my opinion when MM gets down to the management level skills of Jeff Wood then we need to start worrying.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Drumstick said:
Im not questioning your loyalty or support of the club or team, However I cant see how getting rid of the manager will sort anything, then we will just get ernist saying clipboard kid out etc. Imho I think he is trying his best and with no money and a team feeling down because theres never much support by US fans. McGhee In:bowdown:

Well said Drumstick :clap:

The constraints he is working under make this job almost impossible.

Crewe have a similar turnover, but have a long established youth system, plus they don't have a Stadium fiasco rumbling on!

To suggest that the players or coaching staff aren't trying is a kick in the teeth.

Lets find our voices, and treat every occasion as a cup final. If we do go down, try and enjoy what time we have left in this league.

Last edited:

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
It's not too late for a change, other clubs do it and there results improve, if only for a short time.

Maybe some of the team would look up see a Mcghee out banner and think it's a good idea.

You know what I dont think all the players are all that good but I dont slag em off, cos they are an honest bunch.

A decent man would do the decent thing and stand down.

Maybe he needs a push.

Drastic times and all that.

Mcghee out.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BarrelofFun said:

Crewe have a similar turnover, but have a long established youth system, plus they don't have a Stadium fiasco rumbling on!

1. He did spend £150K on a striker that hasnt played, thats NOT McGhee's fault (that he hasnt played) but it is a so called 'constraint' that Adams and Coppell woud have been happy to put up with.

2. Actually Crewe for many years had to endure a stadium that was tiny, had the smallest away allocation in the old Div One/Two and it took them ages to raise the cash for ground improvements, but at that time seemed capable of punching above their weight.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:

To suggest that the players or coaching staff aren't trying is a kick in the teeth.

Lets find our voices, and treat every occasion as a cup final. If we do go down, try and enjoy what time we have left in this league.

Totally agree BoF, especially the last bit, if we going down then we should back the team to the full with loads of noise wherever we go. Its not over yet anyway, so if we get right behind them, then we may just get a bit of luck

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BarrelofFun said:
FFS.

Yeah, NO-ONE could possibly do Mark McGhee's job of spending £150k on some worthwhile players, playing them in their correct positions, and not falling out with yet another senior player every 3 games.

How does he do it? :nono:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
80's Seagull said:
I'm also sick to death of looking on ceefax on a saturday evening to find the phrase "McGhee upbeat despite defeat" or McGhee confident despite loss". Well I'm sorry Mark but the rest of us are depressed, pissed off and have some sense of reality.

ABSOLUTELY 100% SPOT ON!!!

i was thinking the same thing.. that headline must have been used 10 times this season - when before the game on ceefax he said 'we can't lose this..' and 'Adraw would be a great result' -
GREAT RESULT - BOLLOX! yeh get the banners out - the blokes lost it - should have gone months ago - and all u do goodys can stay there and support him but really ur just SCARED. Scared cos u may have met him or know one of the players.... f*** it - we should have easily stayed up with the money we've had. Mcgoo OUT

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here