Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion close in on striker

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
James Hayter anyone?

We have got no chance on this one, according to Teamtalk Bournemouth have turned down two six-figure bids for him and do not want to sell. A big shame i know !

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
DJ Campbell at Brentfoord looks to be a great lad. Even before his cup exploits this weekend I've been a fan. One of my housemates is an avid Bees fan and rates DJ as their most valuable asset after Sodje (who would also be great at Championship level). Not sure it's very likely they'd let him go, or that he'd want to come. After all, there's every possibility our two clubs could be swapping places next season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's not the "target man" we're after any way, if we were going for a Brentford striker we'd be better off with Owusu. But I doubt it's either of them.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Halftime Oranges said:
1 Lee Trundle Swansea 17
2 James Hayter Bournemouth 16
3 Billy Sharp Scunthorpe 16
4 Rory Fallon Swansea 12
5 Chris Greenacre Tranmere 12
6 Chris Iwelumo Colchester 12
7 Pawel Abbott Huddersfield 11
8 Wayne Allison Chesterfield 11
9 Paul Hall Chesterfield 11
10 Izale McLeod Milton Keynes Dons 11
11 Freddy Eastwood Southend 10
12 Phil Jevons Yeovil 10
13 Dean Windass Bradford 10
14 Steve Brooker Bristol City 9
15 Dudley Campbell Brentford 9

Take your pick:clap2:

A lot of those players have attracted interest from clubs with a lot more money than us so we dont have any chance eg hayter, mcleod and trundle that we know of. Few of them are too old eg allison and windass. If the new striker is on that list its surely got to be either eastwood, brooker or DJ campbell. Anyone know anything about billy sharp?

Last edited:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
billy sharp looks quality. i mentioned him a long time ago. it was a big suprise when he left sheff utd as he was rated as their best young talent.
other thing, according to a link i read somewhere above lee barnard has not played at league 1 level, so that would rule him out. northampton, orient, stevenage, exeter. all league 2 or conf

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Suddenly Monday morning has become slightly more exciting than usual.

The use of the term "modest fee" leads me to believe we are going to pick up a young reserve team striker who has played a few games in league one either this season or last, rather than a regular player at a league 1 club. who could it be?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Superseagull said:

The use of the term "modest fee" leads me to believe we are going to pick up a young reserve team striker who has played a few games in league one either this season or last, rather than a regular player at a league 1 club. who could it be?

Thats what i was thinking, reading it again it seems to rule out anyone of the top 15 scorers in the league. I reckon it could be that big black guy that skinned boumsong yesterday he looked lively!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here