Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan in the Observer today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
JonC said:
On the one hand he talks about loyalty, then he launches a personal attack at Gradi for being the exact type of manager that he wants at clubs.

He's a tosser. A Grade A tosser at that.

Did I imagine it or didn't Gradi take the Palace job a few years ago but quit and went back to Crewe after 24 hours? Would explain Jordan's apparently irrational dislike of Gradi :lol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
AJ's Love Monkey said:
A Surrey club? Even your geography is f***ed, SE25 is our postcode mona SOUTH EAST LONDON you clown

I rarely come across many Palace fans in SE London ie. Lewisham, Greenwich, Southwark, Bermondsey, Deptford, Peckham or Brockley.
I do meet Palace fans in places like Bromley, Beckenham, Croydon, Addington and Caterham which aren't in SE London. My geography is ok and I prefer your lot to Millwall anyway. Yes Surrey is full of Palace fans. I guess that's why there's rivalry with the Albion.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Yeah like Andy Johnson, Gabor Kiraly and Fitz Hall! Think before you post mona dont let bitterness get in the way you just end up sounding a complete twat
Routledge treated your lot badly that was the point. I'm bitter after being corralled at Norwood Junction until 6-30 after our last visit and don't wish to spend £30 to benefit your club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
JonC said:
On the one hand he talks about loyalty, then he launches a personal attack at Gradi for being the exact type of manager that he wants at clubs.

He's a tosser. A Grade A tosser at that.

To be fair, Gradi had a pop at Jordan first.

To be equally fair, in any other walk of life, a manager who'd been in the same job for twenty years and had not done anything more than help his club tread water would be sneered at for lack of ambition.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Very interesting thread, not because of what that simpleton Jordan was self righteously boring us all to tears with (sven's paid too much and Coppel correctly thought you not fit to clean his braces let alone question his judgement,great observations simon!) but the fact that the P*l*ce visitors are rattled.

Excellent post mona,you've hit the nail on the head,there is a difference between us and them(discussed on NSC recently), epitomised by our chairmen.

Wake up those who think he's a good ol geezer that speaks his mind,he's not "intruiging","no nonsense" he's just cheesy sarf london naff money with a big gob.There's millions of them dying to tell it like it is.:yawn:

Liked his little crack at Brighton though,cheap and not very good.:yawn:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Brixtaan said:
Very interesting thread, not because of what that simpleton Jordan was self righteously boring us all to tears with (sven's paid too much and Coppel correctly thought you not fit to clean his braces let alone question his judgement,great observations simon!) but the fact that the P*l*ce visitors are rattled.

Excellent post mona,you've hit the nail on the head,there is a difference between us and them(discussed on NSC recently), epitomised by our chairmen.

Wake up those who think he's a good ol geezer that speaks his mind,he's not "intruiging","no nonsense" he's just cheesy sarf london naff money with a big gob.There's millions of them dying to tell it like it is.:yawn:

Liked his little crack at Brighton though,cheap and not very good.:yawn:
We're rattled?! Take a look at your post and think again, you dont like the fact that many of your own fans think Jordan is actually good for the game :)

Anyway...carry on.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
True, that has rattled me.

Wake up Brighton fans and ask yourselves this question: Would you want this man Chairing your club?,or our astute,intelligent,gracious measured version?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
mona said:
I rarely come across many Palace fans in SE London ie. Lewisham, Greenwich, Southwark, Bermondsey, Deptford, Peckham or Brockley.
I do meet Palace fans in places like Bromley, Beckenham, Croydon, Addington and Caterham which aren't in SE London. My geography is ok and I prefer your lot to Millwall anyway. Yes Surrey is full of Palace fans. I guess that's why there's rivalry with the Albion.

There are plenty of Palace fans in South London Mona my brother in law lives in Eltham and i see Palace shirts everywhere, but as you say we do draw from Surrey, Kent and Sussex too the geography of the club determines that

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
i do find jordan very interesting......i dont like palace i hate them but i am always interested in what hes gotta say.....

slight arrogance like mourinho.

i like that

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I like Jordan because he's such an objectionable twat. He's perfect for Palace.

I find that whatever good points he makes are lost on me in the sea of ego that accompanies them. He's an attention craving, big mouthed, no class dick.

To continue with his comedy show analogies, if his club are the 'no substance' little bit whooooo, little bit wheeeeeeey' character, the chairman is Harry Enfields 'I'm considerably richer than yow'.

Palace and Jordan are a match made in heaven.:)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I think Jordan is a top Man for speaking publicly and tells it how it is. No Meesing attitude. Palace were and will once again be a classy club when we move to a new stadium.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
I think Jordan is a top Man for speaking publicly and tells it how it is. No Meesing attitude. Palace were and will once again be a classy club when we move to a new stadium.

I hear there is are two great sites. One in East Grinstead the other in Redhill.

:D

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
Palace were and will once again be a classy club when we move to a new stadium.

So u accept that you are a club completely lacking in class at the moment then :clap: :clap:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
when we move to a new stadium.

That's never going to happen though is it? Sharing the athletics stadium looks about the only option around that neck of the woods.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Icy Gull said:
So u accept that you are a club completely lacking in class at the moment then :clap: :clap:
Not in the sense that we as a club aren`t the stadium just dosn`t fit the bill.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Cheeky Monkey said:
That's never going to happen though is it? Sharing the athletics stadium looks about the only option around that neck of the woods.
Please back up your doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here