Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s not double standards at all, as I have previously said, it’s a different product 1901 members buy.

Afraid I tend to agree with JackAlbion on this. Regardless of the T & Cs, on one hand you are requiring a named supporter for an allocated ticket who has the relevant amount of loyalty points at the time the ticket is purchased and on the other an owner of, for example, 4 1901 tickets purchase away tickets (assuming those tickets have accrued the relevant loyalty points) and give them to any Tom, Dick or Harry for whom that match might be the very first time they've been to a game!

It might be allowed by the different T & Cs but it is still double standards,

fatshats

Feb 23, 2012
Does anyone know what they're doing about tickets you bought for other people? I've bought two tickets, one in my name and one in my mate's. I've had an email from the club but he hasn't. Neither of us have received his ticket.

Are they just checking my ID when I pick up both our tickets then?

Apologies if this has already been asked.

Cheers

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree re: this season and last being annoyingly blatant. Very noticeable particularly at Norwich last season at how many tickets were being passed around with groups piling in and taking over sections with tickets across the stand (kicked off with both a steward and another fan who called them out where I was).

It's also really noticeable that for the more attractive away fixtures, the demand completely outstrips the supply. I went to over 75% of matches last season, have been a season ticket holder attending multiple away games since the AMEX opened and was only in tier 1 for Brentford by a point. If that is the cut-off for the top 2,000 then that's an extremely high bar. It just isn't fair to then have a loyalty points system that is abused - it stops those who do adhere to the system from having any chance of building up loyalty points themselves.

For Brentford, the allocations is at most 1750 so that would represent the those in the top tier.

Regarding building up points though, there are enough games which go to lower tiers which allow you gain more points and work your way up.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
For Brentford, the allocations is at most 1750 so that would represent the those in the top tier.

Regarding building up points though, there are enough games which go to lower tiers which allow you gain more points and work your way up.

My understanding is that the first tier is capped at (around) the loyalty number for the capacity provided so that everyone in tier one would get a ticket if they use their window. My point was that the loyalty system is clearly being abused. If you have people who are "banking" points by buying with their fan ID and selling/passing on to those without loyalty points then that is unfair to those in lower tiers who are trying to build up loyalty points and actually attend themselves. They then can't go to the fixture and get zero points whilst someone who doesn't actually attend the fixture and sells their ticket gets loyalty points and probably a little bit of profit in some cases.

I think on paper the loyalty system is fine (apart from the 1901 caveat), but if people aren't playing by the rules (and there clearly has been example after example of this in the last few seasons), then that makes a mockery of the whole system.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ok, I think we agree on the first point although I believe the phrase used is normally 'harvesting' points. Club first became aware of it at the Bournemouth league cup game in 2017 when many bought the cheap tickets but didn't go just to get the points.

As for the trains, I'll take your word for it that Brighton/Palace paid for those extra services but you'll have to take my word for it that they are a completely different kettle of fish to the old chartered trains the club arranged during the late 70s and early 80s.

Yes they are very different, but they can have the same laws applied, but there has never been a LAW against drinking on football specials, I imagine that was a choice of the operator / British Rail. Littlehampton had one to take them up to Wembley last season, and due to their reputation there was an idea to make it a dry train, but there was nothing legal to implement that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does anyone know what they're doing about tickets you bought for other people? I've bought two tickets, one in my name and one in my mate's. I've had an email from the club but he hasn't. Neither of us have received his ticket.

Cheers

If a ticket is selected to be collected at the ground the email states which FAN number, and person, it relates to top left of the email in bold.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

Cheers

I haven't received my ticket (brought by me for me) or an e-mail yet and the game is next week.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I haven't received my ticket (brought by me for me) or an e-mail yet and the game is next week.

Mine not arrived yet either and don't have an email.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Until the club publicised the fact within the last week that 1901ers could pass away tickets on to 'guests' I didn't know we could. None of the 1901ers I know knew we could either. We all knew we could for home games of course, but being allowed to for away games came as a real surprise.

Frankly, I'd advocate removing that privilege - though I doubt it's been the source of much of the club's problems about away ticket abuse anyway, since:

1. No bugger knew we could do it
2. 1901ers total c3k people; non-1901 STH = c22k, so the absolute numbers are much smaller

One thing that's puzzled me about some of the conversation on this thread is that I wonder if people are remembering that each STH has the ability to buy only one away ticket each. So if they're in tier 1, they can buy 1 away ticket. That means that if they're passing it on, they themselves are not going to the game. While I'm sure that some are doing that deliberately and on an ongoing basis (and that should be stamped out, imo), surely that can't be that many people? Dunno, maybe it is...?

If 10-15 mates buy away tickets on 5 season tickets and a different combination of 5 people go to different games those 5 Season tickets will accumulate enough points to permanently remain in tier 1 despite the seat holders going to a handful of games. It’s an obvious potential abuse of the system and given the number of tickets being traded on social media I would suggest it is a likely reality as unwanted tickets can easily be offloaded. Imagine then this scenario being played out with multiple combinations eg 3 people sharing the points of 2 tickets etc. It is easy to abuse this system in a time of high demand and no ID checks.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Has anyone asked supporter services if names can be reassigned on bought tickets if those people can no longer attend but another eligible fan no. will take the ticket?

Cannot help but think that you are on a wind up here, but i will treat it as if it was serious and answer as follows.

Much earlier in the thread someone posted that they had asked if the ticket could be transferred and were told no. The reason being i think quite obvious that the club are doing the checks to try and prevent people buying a ticket and then passing it on to someone else. So how could they entertain the idea of people buying tickets on their own name and then some weeks later phoning up and getting them changed to someone else?

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Cannot help but think that you are on a wind up here, but i will treat it as if it was serious and answer as follows.

Much earlier in the thread someone posted that they had asked if the ticket could be transferred and were told no. The reason being i think quite obvious that the club are doing the checks to try and prevent people buying a ticket and then passing it on to someone else. So how could they entertain the idea of people buying tickets on their own name and then some weeks later phoning up and getting them changed to someone else?

In theory the terms and conditions allow the transfer of an away ticket to another fan with the club's permission. Won't happen in practise though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mine not arrived yet either and don't have an email.

Mine haven't arrived though not concerned as I have an email telling me I'm one of the random people to collect at Brentford, which with the current postal strikes removes any issues of the ticketing not arriving.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Not a wind up, one of our 4 wolves tickets may come through with a name of someone who can't make that weekend now. Wondering whether they should call the ticket office or if it's a lost cause. These tickets were bought prior to the announcement by the club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not a wind up, one of our 4 wolves tickets may come through with a name of someone who can't make that weekend now. Wondering whether they should call the ticket office or if it's a lost cause. These tickets were bought prior to the announcement by the club.

If the tickets have arrived then you don't have to pick them up so don't need to worry about the ID issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here