Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public disorder in Leicester

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Then wait for you to nibble. 😂

I'll have another.

I'd take a little bit more responsibility on how you comment on such events.

The violence in Leicester has been fuelled by misinformation on the internet.

Not doing so is simply lighting the touch paper, so you come back later to observe the effect.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Interesting how this thread gets moved, but plenty of others which are far more toxic remain.

Very interesting.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree that it can be on any subject as so many threads get hijacked by those that want to find an angle to push their political bias.

I have no idea who I'd vote for if there was an election tomorrow. Some of my views would be considered slightly to the left and some slightly to the right. I detest those with such an extreme view that you can never have a sensible debate ... on politics, gender and other subjects.

I just get the feeling that more of the barbed targeting of comments come from those on the left ... maybe reflecting the overall make up of board contributors.

Just my view anyway ...

Apart from the odd sulker or two who can't take someone possibly having a different view from them, who can be from the left or right, I think it's not too bad here.

The mods/Bozza personally have a mix of political views, in no way a bunch of Corbynistas :lol:

Always remember, we've mentioned this before, that if a left-wing poster gets the immediate support of say a dozen others, in the big picture that's an unrepresentative sample of NSC, Sussex and this country. Just another echo chamber in the thread, in the internet age, we're all used to that by now.

A sense of humour helps you keep your sanity too. The Argus covered the scuffles/shouting at the weekend on Victoria Gardens between devout (biological) feminists and transgender rights folk. The comments underneath the article between the sides did make me laugh.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What I find a bit odd, is that the OP has a side-hustle in the media…..yet did not carry out the very simplest of due-diligence to check his source before starting this thread. All he had to do was literally type just the single word Leicester into Google to see all the main news outlets are carrying this story…and in turn find out his source was talking rubbish. :shrug:

i'm starting to recognize a pattern, maybe the poster has some sort of agenda?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree that it can be on any subject as so many threads get hijacked by those that want to find an angle to push their political bias.

I have no idea who I'd vote for if there was an election tomorrow. Some of my views would be considered slightly to the left and some slightly to the right. I detest those with such an extreme view that you can never have a sensible debate ... on politics, gender and other subjects.

I just get the feeling that more of the barbed targeting of comments come from those on the left ... maybe reflecting the overall make up of board contributors.

Just my view anyway ...

Because whether we are getting barbs from the left or right bears no relationship whatsoever to where we sit on the political spectrum, because everyone of us is a finely balanced middle of the political spectrum poster. It's obviously them that are left or right :wink:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Interesting how this thread gets moved, but plenty of others which are far more toxic remain.

Very interesting.

it has to be down to the subject matter surely , we can't have this sort of content on the main board and even in here we will not discuss the 48 arrests , 1 jailing , numerous injuries to police and also a police dog injured but we will harangue and contradict the OP .....what a strange bunch we have on this board.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No the post clearly refers to a media blackout and a single journalist covering it. Both of which aren't true.

There was an extended piece on BBC News radio yesterday, I listened to it.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

it's been going on for over 3 weeks mate...:shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
People (including the mods here, apparently, given their decision to move this thread) just get very twitchy whenever an issue involves race. Even when it’s the usual NSC discussion. I just don’t understand it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Me or Julia Greg? 😂

Both? Whoever is peddling that kind of information, to be honest.

The scary thing about media (social, mainly) is that people will believe whatever they want to believe. Even when you point out that what they've said/written is blatantly not true.

Part of that is because they have an agenda, but also because they can't be arsed to do the slightest bit of research into what is true or not. So a lot of what is written is a load of subjective nonsense.

The phrase 'never let the truth get in the way of a good story' been so popular...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here