Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk 2

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Saturday is fight night, the hype starts here.

Any predictions?

I reckon Usyk will do it again, don’t think AJ has it in him. Fury lined up to fight the winner?!

https://youtu.be/NtfC_pzAUeU

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Saturday is fight night, the hype starts here.

Any predictions?

I reckon Usyk will do it again, don’t think AJ has it in him. Fury lined up to fight the winner?!

https://youtu.be/NtfC_pzAUeU

Only prediction is it will be the best £27.95 I have ever spent as AJ gives Usyk the KO and once again becomes greatest heavyweight on the planet.

:clap:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would rather watch round 2 of Tuchel vs Conte TBH

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Interesting one. I've not followed closely up till now, but I understand Usyk has bulked up for this. On the first fight his mobility was his greatest asset, so to me the outcome will depend on whether he still has the ability to sway and move with that speed. If so I think he'll beat Joshua again and on his last display will give any other current heavyweight a decent fight.

If it turns into a leaden footed battle of bulk, Joshua should take it

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
AJ making all the right noises in the press conference, seems extremely focused and won't get drawn into the issues around Saudi and his £100m pay packet. This is the AJ we know and love, think he's going to do it on Saturday but it will be an epic battle.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
I’ve rewatched the first fight and AJ isn’t as overwhelmed as people would have you think (bar the 12th). He got good punches in but wasn’t able to follow up. It’s an interesting one. We must remember Usyk is an incredible boxer and it’s no shame to lose to him so AJ needs a good solid game plan. Although Usyk won the last fight his face was incredibly marked up, suggesting AJ does have the power and accuracy to get a result. I’m looking forward to this fight.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I though Usyk bossed most of the earlier rounds as well. Once AJ gets tagged a few times he gets that spaced out look and I just feel he's lost the will to win at that point. Interesting the commentators on the fight footage above saying that after round 12 AJ screwed himself by going back to his corner and collapsing, meanwhile Usyk was prowling around the ring, made AJ look like he new he was beat and could have swayed judges scores.

Heard a pundit say for fight 2 AJ should focus on hitting Usyk's body because Usyk's movement is so good he makes head shots very hard to connect. Will be interested to see if AJ has sorted his footwork to move side to side or is still stuck only moving back and forwards. Watched Rocky III the other day and thought AJ could do with the footwork training Apollo gave Rocky in the LA sweat gym for the second Clubber Lang bout..

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Didnt think AJ looked great at the weigh in. He hasnt seemed the same fighter since Ruiz. be interesting to see how hes approaching the fight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bookies seem to agree. Usyk is currently 8/15 on B365, AJ out at 13/8.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Im not so sure, I think there are definitely some things that Joshua could improve on from the first fight. Its clear that the tactics were all wrong and the advice from the corner terrible throughout the fight. He has a new trainer who is arguably one of the best in Robert Garcia and Joshua has shown in the past that he is able to adjust and learn.

Whether any of that is enough to swing the fight in Joshuas favour I am not sure. Usyk is undoubtedly one of the best in the world pound for pound and I personally think he would stand a good chance of beating Fury if they were ever to fight.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Im not so sure, I think there are definitely some things that Joshua could improve on from the first fight. Its clear that the tactics were all wrong and the advice from the corner terrible throughout the fight. He has a new trainer who is arguably one of the best in Robert Garcia and Joshua has shown in the past that he is able to adjust and learn.

Whether any of that is enough to swing the fight in Joshuas favour I am not sure. Usyk is undoubtedly one of the best in the world pound for pound and I personally think he would stand a good chance of beating Fury if they were ever to fight.

Think right now Usyk has to be considered one of the best heavyweights technically.

He might not hit as hard as some of the bigger heavyweights but his speed and technique are incredible for the weight class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here