Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Trains shitshow - next STRIKE - October 8th (Spurs)??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've just bought a Uni car park ticket. Very surprised they're still available. Website says 25 places left.

Thank you for the heads up - they had sold out when I checked at the weekend

boik

Safe yourself a load of worry and hassle by just heading straight to the racecourse. Hang back if you can at the end, have a cuppa or visit the club shop then walk up to (hopefully) a much-shortened queue.

Edit: the buses leave from the coach park opposite Bennetts Field. Use the steps there, not the ones opposite the Away turnstiles

Thanks for that. We've got an 8 year old with us so want to keep it as smooth as possible. A good result and all transport hassles will be forgotten!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing to do with drivers and guards , signallers are out so they have managers working the panels and can’t handle the normal day to day running of trains so only doing it 7am to 7pm and only cover the main panels (main line)

Am I correct in thinking there will be some trains, just a very limited service, between London and Brighton? I took a look at the BR app which shows quite a few trains per hour .....which cannot be correct?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for that. We've got an 8 year old with us so want to keep it as smooth as possible. A good result and all transport hassles will be forgotten!

Thumping win PLUS supporting the rail workers....a good day out!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Am I correct in thinking there will be some trains, just a very limited service, between London and Brighton? I took a look at the BR app which shows quite a few trains per hour .....which cannot be correct?

I believe there to be a very limited service on both Southern to/from Victoria, and Thameslink to the city, but nothing like several trains per hour.

I'm sure there are others on here who will have more exact details.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
20211228_163004.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I believe there to be a very limited service on both Southern to/from Victoria, and Thameslink to the city, but nothing like several trains per hour.

I'm sure there are others on here who will have more exact details.

According to Realtime Trains (https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...22-10-08/0500-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt) for Brighton this Saturday

2 tph Brighton to Hove (and vice versa)
2 tph Brighton to Victoria (and vice versa)
2 tph to London Bridge (and vice versa)

Roughly between 07.00 and 18.00 (in some cases less than that, last train to London leaves at 17.40)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Resigned to having to use the 700 bus to get to Brighton on Saturday. I know the free travel zone starts in 'Worthing', but does anyone know exactly where 'Worthing' starts? I can see there are several stops along the seafront to the west of the pier - Heene Terrace, for example. Or does the free zone start at Marine Parade? Anyone know?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Resigned to having to use the 700 bus to get to Brighton on Saturday. I know the free travel zone starts in 'Worthing', but does anyone know exactly where 'Worthing' starts? I can see there are several stops along the seafront to the west of the pier - Heene Terrace, for example. Or does the free zone start at Marine Parade? Anyone know?

This isn't clear

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/club/stadiums/the-amex-stadium/transport/bus-travel

But is does explicitly say 700 from Worthing, so maybe it's anywhere in Worthing?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
According to Realtime Trains (https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...22-10-08/0500-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt) for Brighton this Saturday

2 tph Brighton to Hove (and vice versa)
2 tph Brighton to Victoria (and vice versa)
2 tph to London Bridge (and vice versa)

Roughly between 07.00 and 18.00 (in some cases less than that, last train to London leaves at 17.40)

To be fair four trains an hour on the Brighton to London main line through the day is pretty impressive for a strike day l'd say, and a much better service than l expected. Up until the early evening anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

My guess would be, although l'm far from sure, that the Travel Zone kicks in somewhere in central Worthing, so the Marine Parade, bang opposite the pier is probably as central as it gets.

If you get on the bus somewhere in west Worthing, then it will hardly cost you a fortune to the stop where the free travel zome starts anyway.

I have to do precisely that if l go down to Brighton on the 17 for footie. Pay for a single ticket to Henfield, which is the northern edge of the zone.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
My guess would be, although l'm far from sure, that the Travel Zone kicks in somewhere in central Worthing, so the Marine Parade, bang opposite the pier is probably as central as it gets.

If you get on the bus somewhere in west Worthing, then it will hardly cost you a fortune to the stop where the free travel zome starts anyway.

I have to do precisely that if l go down to Brighton on the 17 for footie. Pay for a single ticket to Henfield, which is the northern edge of the zone.

Sure, but as I'll be driving from LA to Worthing before picking up the bus I might as well park within walking distance of where the free zone kicks in. I'll probably play it safe and head for Marine Parade.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did I see somewhere that they were laying on extra shuttle buses back to town from the A27 bus stop post-match ? Or did I just dream it ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Did I see somewhere that they were laying on extra shuttle buses back to town from the A27 bus stop post-match ? Or did I just dream it ?

Yes shuttle buses from the old steine to the game and back. In addition to the scheduled B&H Bus services

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The only thing referencing being unclear from earlier post I can see is when does the free travel start for a 5.30pm ko as for other KO the website refers to:

"The services run at the following times on matchdays:

3pm kick-off: between 11.30am and 9pm
4pm kick-off: between 12.30pm and 10pm
7.45pm kick-off: between 4.15pm and midnight"

Common sense tells me from 2pm but maybe I haven't (made) much sense lol!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing

Is it worth enquiring if Worthing starts at the western end of the 700 route in the Worthing Fare Zone?
See map below:

https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s...etwork Maps_Website only_Worthing_low res.pdf

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here