Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Newcastle

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 13th August 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Graham Scott
Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
VAR: Craig Pawson
Additional VAR: Darren Cann

TEAM NEWS

Brighton head coach Graham Potter may pick the same starting XI that beat Manchester United at Old Trafford last week.

Long-term absentee Jakub Moder is the only senior player unavailable this Saturday.

Newcastle midfielder Jonjo Shelvey is out for up to 12 weeks after having surgery on his hamstring injury.

Emil Krafth, Jamal Lewis and Federico Fernandez are nearing a return, while Jamaal Lascelles is expected to be fit.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in all five of their Premier League home games against Newcastle.
    [*=left]Following a 2-1 victory at St James' Park in March, Newcastle are looking to secure consecutive league wins over the Seagulls for the first time since beating them twice in the 2016-17 Championship season.
    [*=left]Having scored just one goal in their first eight top-flight fixtures with Brighton, the Magpies netted three times against the Seagulls last season.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games for only the second time, having done so in October 2018.
    [*=left]They are also aiming to win three league matches in a row at the Amex Stadium for the first time since October to November 2019.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost just one of their past 10 league fixtures and have won at Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United during that run. Their only defeat in those games came away at Manchester City in April.
    [*=left]Brighton had the fifth-worst home record in the top flight last season (W5, D7, L7).
Newcastle

• [*=left]Newcastle's tally of 41 points in 2022 has only been bettered by Liverpool (52), Manchester City (46) and Spurs (44).
    [*=left]Their five top-flight away victories this year is already one more than they managed in the whole of 2021. The Magpies last earned more Premier League away wins in a calendar year in 2013, when they registered seven.
    [*=left]They are looking to win their opening two Premier League fixtures of a season for the first time since 1997-98.
    [*=left]The Magpies have won their opening league away match in only one of the last 10 seasons and have failed to score in eight of those games.
    [*=left]Newcastle boss Eddie Howe has won five Premier League matches against Brighton, his joint-most against a single opponent along with Everton.

Graham Potter's Newcastle Press Conference

[tweet]1558438217946263553[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1558438217946263553

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hottest game ever at the Amex?

Look after yourself people.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Could be one of our trickiest matches of the whole season. Biggest teams open up and play against us which kind of suits us (see away form last season) but Newcastle have 11 solid players and will be amongst the best of the rest along with us.

I think the opening 15 mins will be very important and set a tone for the match as they strike me as a bit of a confidence and momentum side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Closest I have seen to GP having a go at a ref’s performance in that pre match briefing. Actually he didn’t come close he called it out :smile:

You need things to go your way, I don’t think they did. Calls out the non pen and non sending off

Tough tough game today on paper

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s back!

Looking forward to this, will be a challenge and good to see where we are and whether we can continue our fine home form.

We’ve moved downstairs to the lower west so won’t be missing the climb today, hopefully oxygen will be made available for those remaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well I’m not shitting myself over smug Eddie’s Newcastle looked good against Forest so what. Come on Albion do the sports washing northern c.units.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hottest game ever at the Amex?

Look after yourself people.

Being at home and the temperature due to be so hot may well mean we switch to more of a possession game and less pressing. Hopefully people will accept it's the conditions if we do. Need to keep our heads as well, remember the sweltering conditions against Southampton when Andone got sent off and did for both our chances of winning the game and his own Albion career.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being at home and the temperature due to be so hot may well mean we switch to more of a possession game and less pressing. Hopefully people will accept it's the conditions if we do. Need to keep our heads as well, remember the sweltering conditions against Southampton when Andone got sent off and did for both our chances of winning the game and his own Albion career.

None of the analysis that fella did on the Utd game will work today.
If we do that again Wilson will only have to play the first half.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
MASSIVE GAME. Albion could be fighting for a similar league position to these Geordies this season- it’s got 6 pointer written all over it. Must win.

They won’t be used to our Mediterranean weather- heats gonna get at them like Jack Charlton at an Ireland game USA ‘94. Get GP a huge white baseball cap and chuck water on the pitch in plastic bags.

I’m going for a 3-2 win against a wilting Newcastle side. UTA

https://youtu.be/wSJVL74OlQk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Decided on the clobber for the 1901?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subtle black shirt with collar patterned gently with pink, white and blue hibiscus flowers. (Classy Hawiaiian shirt).
Boomerang pinstriped dark grey dress shorts.
Zara, bearly there black cotton trainer socks and closed in black leather slip on Merril shoes with elasticated panels.
Plus silky grey Bonds boxers for additional comfort in the sweaty regions.
Available for veiwing in the Wellie from midday.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Could be one of our trickiest matches of the whole season. Biggest teams open up and play against us which kind of suits us (see away form last season) but Newcastle have 11 solid players and will be amongst the best of the rest along with us.

I think the opening 15 mins will be very important and set a tone for the match as they strike me as a bit of a confidence and momentum side.
I think both managers will be quite happy with a draw after both winning last week.personally think come the end of the season there won't be a lot of points between the sides in the table

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Subtle black shirt with collar patterned gently with pink, white and blue hibiscus flowers. (Classy Hawiaiian shirt).
Boomerang pinstriped dark grey dress shorts.
Zara, bearly there black cotton trainer socks and closed in black leather slip on Merril shoes with elasticated panels.
Plus silky grey Bonds boxers for additional comfort in the sweaty regions.
Available for veiwing in the Wellie from midday.
Enjoy the game & your time back in blighty

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

1901 today......

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not too confident and actually think the performance is more important than the result today. Never thought I’d say that. It’s a momentum thing. We won’t get stuffed but think we’d do well to get a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here