Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Archie Battersbee

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Every parents nightmare, and don’t blame his Mum and Dad at all for going as far as they have, in their minds hope trumps reality unfortunately it’s always the other way round.

The only downside is, and it’s the world we live in, is the legal fight not just in the courts but all across the media, which will always attract the idiots with horrible comments.

At least Archie is now at peace ❤️

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Terrible for the family and an awful position to put judges in. All round sad day.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agree terribly but don’t agree with the language his family used against those caring for their child. Also their case was taken on by Christian legal team so I wonder how much they’ve been ‘influenced’ by it

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Agree terribly but don’t agree with the language his family used against those caring for their child. Also their case was taken on by Christian legal team so I wonder how much they’ve been ‘influenced’ by it

It's an absolute disgrace to be frank, this poor kid has been dead for a while now, when you read the reality of what was going on with him, it's horrific. I won't go into detail unless asked, but Archie has been dead for a long time, allowing this to go on has been awful.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Sorry but I blame his Mum and Dad for dragging this out enabled by some deeply unpleasant religious fruitcakes with too much money.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
RIP Young man.

Just this - and let's not have any stupid arguments about whatever religion his lawyers practice, or what was said in anger and frustration. Just RIP.

One thing I really can't understand is why they wouldn't let him go to a hospice for his final hours/days, apparantly because the ambulance journey would be detrimental to his health. So what difference would that have made (other than maybe giving a tiny bit of consolation to his parents)?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just this - and let's not have any stupid arguments about whatever religion his lawyers practice, or what was said in anger and frustration. Just RIP.

One thing I really can't understand is why they wouldn't let him go to a hospice for his final hours/days, apparantly because the ambulance journey would be detrimental to his health. So what difference would that have made (other than maybe giving a tiny bit of consolation to his parents)?

Can someone go in an ambulance whilst on life support?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

100%. RIP little man.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

He wouldn't have made it to hospice. At all. Trust me he wouldn't have made it halfway out the hospital.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No idea. I'd have thought it possible with the right equipment though. Is a life support system incapable of being moved?

Given this was the outcome of an evidence based legal case I presume not.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Fully understandable that hopefully any parent will push for what they are worth to keep their child alive and there are few members of NSC who have faced critical care issues with their offspring no doubt. Yes the MSM can and will only report so much on this case,but does anyone know what caused this situation apart from internet rumours as too why a healthy young lad is found collapsed on the floor ? R-I-P young man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fully understandable that hopefully any parent will push for what they are worth to keep their child alive and there are few members of NSC who have faced critical care issues with their offspring no doubt. Yes the MSM can and will only report so much on this case,but does anyone know what caused this situation apart from internet rumours as too why a healthy young lad is found collapsed on the floor ? R-I-P young man.

“His mother, who had been at his bedside almost constantly ever since, believes it resulted from him choking while taking part in a viral social media challenge” - The Guardian.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry but I blame his Mum and Dad for dragging this out enabled by some deeply unpleasant religious fruitcakes with too much money.

Science and religion is rarely a good mix.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very sad story all round RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here