Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What do members of the fan advisory boad think of the new shirt?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
(Board, even)

And what did they say when given a preview at The Amex several weeks ago?

Serious question to Hiney and co.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sadly I would imagine that the discussion with Mr Barber goes a lot along the lines of 0.20 into this classic clip of Brian Clough :(

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I have seen new home kits for some of our competitors and they look premiership standard. Ours, sadly just looks crap. Need to change this ASAP!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sadly I would imagine that the discussion with Tony Bloom goes a lot along the lines of 0.20 into this classic clip of Brian Clough :(

EFA.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have seen new home kits for some of our competitors and they look premiership standard. Ours, sadly just looks crap. Need to change this ASAP!

Is that even possible, I mean the club must be monitoring NSC and clearly see it is not popular among the good folk on here.
I guess, we on here are taken with a pinch of salt and the real judge is when it hits the store and figures are drastically under their predicted figure of sales.

Can clubs change shirt mid season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
(Board, even)

I understand that [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] is busy but he asked me to pass this on

fbs.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is that even possible, I mean the club must be monitoring NSC and clearly see it is not popular among the good folk on here.
I guess, we on here are taken with a pinch of salt and the real judge is when it hits the store and figures are drastically under their predicted figure of sales.

Yep, we certainly did 75 season was it? We had an all white shirt and it was very unpopular. The club listened to the fans and went back to stripes a few months in. That won't happen now, too much $$$ at stake and sadly, I think the Brian Clough video is spot on with the reaction Barber will give.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I presume there must have been a shortlist of designs and "they" settled for this tacky mish-mash. Surely the club could include the fan advisory board if not all club members in a vote between the shortlisted designs and save all this aggravation?

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
(Board, even)

Respectfully, I think this is an unfair question.

Shirt design is not what I want the FAB focused on. The club will know if it's a shite shirt soon enough, as nobody will buy it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can't believe the reactions of some people on here, seemingly losing their shit because of what a football shirt looks like!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
(Board, even)

If you believe what is posted on Twitter, then yes they did have a preview about 3 weeks ago, and were told not to mention it publicly (no problems with that). Twitter also mentions that all the reps liked the shirt.

If they all liked the shirt, was this because in the early days of the role, they didn't want to saying anything negative. If this is the case hopefully they will gain the confidence to speak up up later meetings.
Alternatively they are totally out of touch with the majority of supporters who have voiced their views on not likely the shirt design. If this is the case then there clealry needs to be an open door for them to gain knowledge of supporters who don't share their views.

No doubt PB will be both expanding on the Fans Reps at the fans Forum as well as dealing with questions from the floor,

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Respectfully, I think this is an unfair question.

Shirt design is not what I want the FAB focused on. The club will know if it's a shite shirt soon enough, as nobody will buy it.

I'm asking because one member (or ex-member) of the fan advisory board says - and I quote - "everyone loved it” when given a sneak peek of the shirt a few weeks ago.

The kind of 'feedback' which led to it being signed off in the first place, I guess...

Ho hum.

The reaction here is a bit OTT and seems very lemmingesque, some guys are worried to go against the flow.

Irony.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If Brighton mid-season says "sorry, the shirt is a little bit shit so we've gone with another one", Nike would sue the living shit out of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here