Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Don't take a wrong turning when trying to find Cancun.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Mexico is a highly dangerous country . Period . People get shot there everyday and the police do nothing . It’s almost lawless in some parts . Makes south London feel like Monaco !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Mexico is a highly dangerous country . Period . People get shot there everyday and the police do nothing . It’s almost lawless in some parts . Makes south London feel like Monaco !

Sounds just like the USA.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I can’t imagine the absolute horror of being in that situation. THAT is how tourists die in Mexico. That exact scenario.

The relief on their faces made me smile. That could’ve gone very, very murdery very quickly.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Did they tell him to concentrate on his driving and not keep looking at his phone? Bit harsh pulling guns but hopefully a lesson learned. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can’t imagine the absolute horror of being in that situation. THAT is how tourists die in Mexico. That exact scenario.

The relief on their faces made me smile. That could’ve gone very, very murdery very quickly.

Ohhhh someone's never been to Portslade.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

That's true but when I first went to Cancun in the 90s, it was the total opposite. The area was identified and built up solely for tourism and it was hours to anywhere else in 'proper' Mexico. So all the locals' livelihoods depended on keeping their guests safe. We were told it was absolutely fine to walk anywhere, any time, day or night. It's sad that the drug gangs have moved in (driven partly by the demand from tourists supposedly).

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Poor guys. Hard to tell from the footage but the very dangerous, ruthless cartel actually seemed to be trying to calm the driver down and appeared to alright. Must be such a sense of relief to get out of that situation. Get some tears were shed and laughs had when they got back to their accom for a Modello.

Reminds me of a situation I had in Madagascar when our taxi got targeted by bandits one night. I didn't realise what happened until the driver dropped us at the airport shaking and crying. Only when through security did it occur to me that the breeze-block thrown in the road was supposed to stop the car but he decided to crash in to it, push it along the road for 100m and reverse around it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I was with you very nearly all the way to the end of your statement!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Americans are more safe in Mexico than they are at home. Fact.

“According to FBI crime statistics, 4.8 Americans per 100,000 were murdered in the US in 2010. The US State Department reports that 120 Americans of the 5.7 million who visited Mexico last year were murdered, which is a rate of 2.1 of 100,000 visitors. Regardless of whether they were or weren't connected to drug trafficking, which is often not clear, it's less than half the US national rate.”

https://vallarta.grandvelas.com/newsroom/hotel/americanssaferinmexico

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Not for tourists.

Most violence is cartel related although Ciudad Juárez has some pretty dark stories.

I’ve traveled throughout Mexico and the only violence I saw was Americans fighting each other on a pirate ship cruise we took.

Visit Mexico. Great people, great food, great beer, great time. Cartels have no interest in killing tourists.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I decided to take a short cut in a very "nice" looking area of Amsterdam, the short cut required me to walk through this very small passageway and out into a small square, across the square and BINGO, my hotel on the other side of the square. Little did I realise that the small square was where a few proper addicts sat around injecting shit and various pick pockets used to RV to sort out their ill gotten gains. Luckily, being a bit pissed I got away with the charming smile and complete lack of comprehension of what I was being asked and just kept walking, but boy did I sober up quickly!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not for tourists.

Most violence is cartel related although Ciudad Juárez has some pretty dark stories.

I’ve traveled throughout Mexico and the only violence I saw was Americans fighting each other on a pirate ship cruise we took.

Visit Mexico. Great people, great food, great beer, great time. Cartels have no interest in killing tourists.

You
Are right the gangs have no interest targeting tourists but they won’t lose any sleep if the do , if you happen t get in their way , they will kill you without a second thought . Never ever go to Mexico if you value your life and avoid all of Central America , it’s teeming with armed gangs .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here