Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gulls Eye Front Covers

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The makers of the new Albion documentary have asked me for some of the most funny/notorious GE covers from 1988-97.

Unfortunately the hard copies are packed away up on in the loft, has anybody got PDF copies please?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My fav was the gulf war Iraqi’s troops fleeing long balls being mortared down on their trenches by the Palace infidels. Hope that makes the cut!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Gutted that my collection got thrown out years ago; plus all my copies of ASMS and WSC. Bad error on my part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Surely the Lockerbie one was the most controversial? I did worry when it hit national news and I was the only one on Gulls Eye to use his real name.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't the club kick off about the Barry Lloyd one with a passenger airliner jet about to crash through the window behind him ? The tag was something like "at least things cant get any worse".

Jul 7, 2003
I remember buying my advance copy in Chapmans on a Friday night before the games.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Didn't the club kick off about the Barry Lloyd one with a passenger airliner jet about to crash through the window behind him ? The tag was something like "at least things cant get any worse".

See post 6. Yes they withdrew all club representation from the Gulls Eye Christmas dinner at Chapmans. Still got to sit next to Tony Millard.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I recall the airplane one heading towards Barry. Unfortunate timing as I recall.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I recall the airplane one heading towards Barry. Unfortunate timing as I recall.

Caused a little consternation at the time.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
John Crumplin scoring whilst tying his boots up springs to mind (1992?)

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
[MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]
Considering the dramatic Very fortunate transformation in our fortunes from back then
What do you think would make the front page today of Gulls Eye IF it still existed ?
Perhaps in a parallel universe?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The David Icke cover always sticks in the mind for me. ��

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
[MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]
Considering the dramatic Very fortunate transformation in our fortunes from back then
What do you think would make the front page today of Gulls Eye IF it still existed ?
Perhaps in a parallel universe?

Aaron Connolly in some kind of Love Island scenario, with a joke about not scoring?

Not a lot of difference to Kev Bremner and Brenda’s Brothel 34 years on……..

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Still got my.......... All Football Fans say STANLEY OUT poster..........

Surely you could make a few quid selling decent replicas of that?
Your favourite charity awaits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here