Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Worst Delivery Company

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It looks like I am the only one. You lot obviously have a very keen interest in delivery vans - I guess that you were all train spotters in your younger days and this is the new equivalent :lolol:

Me too, but I don't need to notice really as 95% of our stuff to door is via Amazon. No problem with them. Of the other 5%, we have used Hermes and they are double plus shit. Late and damaged. According to Mrs T who ordeded via them.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
To continue reading this thread you need to pay the surcharge due on a parcel we have waiting for you.
This can be sorted very simply by visiting our web site at www.weconyou.com
Insert the reference number, your bank details with pin number and authorise payments.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Never had a problem with DPD, and their options of changing dates etc is really good. Hermes were pretty poor, thankfully have avoided Yodel.

Did have a DPD email several months back saying 'Atila will deliver your parcel today at ....'. That got me worried!!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Hermes are really awful, I dont order an item if I know they are the delivering company.

Whats annoying is you cant contact half these companies by phone when there is an issue too.

It seems when you order internationally I think its Parcelforce and Royal Mail that share duties, which was a stressful experience about 2 or 3 years ago, on two separate occasions, I had items go missing and I got passed between the two companies countless times trying to locate the parcels and no one gave a sh!t.

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't know who Halfords deal with - but last year I ordered some light bulbs online at about 9pm. They were delivered before I went to work the next morning - normal delivery charge, nothing special.

I was very impressed.

Otherwise - Royal Mail unfailingly good - and all our local posties are all very friendly and cheery when delivering stuff.
Give it 5 months and they will all be striking.:drama:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hermes are great around here.
Yodel are easily the worst.
Postie is friendly end of November as he takes his earphones out and starts saying 'good morning what horrible weather I have to deliver in'.
Well he is the one that chooses to wear shorts all year round.:shrug:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Oh, I totally agree regarding all of the providers, it's just the annoying little things like the DPD driver who couldn't be bothered to come down our valley late in the day 1 week ago. My current DPD issue is symptomatic of how, when things go wrong, they just look a bit silly:-

02 Jul 2022 13:49 FFX We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

Great, thanks for that.

03 Jul 2022 02:19 Hub 5 - Hinckley We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Kinmel Bay depot

Cool, looks like I'll be using my new brush cutter on Sunday :)

03 Jul 2022 07:00 Barking Your parcel is at our Barking depot

Ahh, that doesn't sound good.

03 Jul 2022 07:03 Barking There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it

Marvellous, brush cutting back on.

03 Jul 2022 07:03 Barking Your parcel is at our Barking depot

Yeah, I know, you told me, I don't like that.

04 Jul 2022 07:58 Barking There's a delay with your parcel and we've now sorted it

Hmm, it's not sorted though is it, cos I just looked outside and it's not there.

05 Jul 2022 01:42 Hub 3 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Kinmel Bay depot
05 Jul 2022 00:34 Hub 1 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Kinmel Bay depot
05 Jul 2022 00:34 Hub 1 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Kinmel Bay depot

I think my parcel may be in Birmingham, possibly on the way to Kinmel Bay?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
05 Jul 2022 01:42 Hub 3 - Bham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Kinmel Bay depot

I think my parcel may be in Birmingham, possibly on the way to Kinmel Bay?

Doubt it. It's probably in Scotland somewhere....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Some serious weirdness going on today.

Waiting for a delivery from Amazon in Seaford of a phone, sat in living room. The item needs a passcode/signature on delivery. I get a notification on Amazon app that they "attempted to deliver". I check outside the door (within block of flats) and part of the delivery is on the doormat - the case and screen protector.

No knock on the door, no doorbell (I even tested it worked). I go to the window and see him pulling away in his van, then parking across the street. I try and rush over there, but he is gone by the time I arrive.

Very, very strange. He was in the building, left a package, didn't try and deliver the expensive bit. I don't know why, it just feels like some kind of scam.

Contacting Amazon is a nightmare, eventually through to a call centre in India - they say the item was "refused by the address" - which never happened. They also say he tried to call both phone numbers on file (which we confirmed were correct), which obviously didn't happen.

Besides, how can both things be true? Either it was refused by the address, or he tried to call. It can't be both.

Amazon are getting really, really bad since they stopped doing their own deliveries.

They're now saying they will attempt to redeliver today. Very dodgy this.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ha, after having paid no attention to courier companies, I now have to find one.

My son lost his suitcase on a train last week when someone walked off with it by mistake. It's now been handed in ... but in Bristol. The railway company won't put in on a train so we can pick it up from a convenient station so I have to book a courier company for it (or go to Bristol and get it myself).The problem is that it's a suitcase and not in a cardboard box so courier companies won't handle it. Obviously this my fault for not packing our suitcases in cardboard boxes to go away on holiday.

Anybody know a courier company that would take a suitcase with a label slapped on it?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Ha, after having paid no attention to courier companies, I now have to find one.

My son lost his suitcase on a train last week when someone walked off with it by mistake. It's now been handed in ... but in Bristol. The railway company won't put in on a train so we can pick it up from a convenient station so I have to book a courier company for it (or go to Bristol and get it myself).The problem is that it's a suitcase and not in a cardboard box so courier companies won't handle it. Obviously this my fault for not packing our suitcases in cardboard boxes to go away on holiday.

Anybody know a courier company that would take a suitcase with a label slapped on it?

Hermes or whatever they are now should do that...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I've used these people before, when in a similar situation: https://www.mybaggage.com/shipping/suitcase-courier-service/

From memory, it cost about £20 and the bag could weigh up to 30kg. Pretty fast service too. Took about 24 hours to arrive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here