Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Worst Delivery Company

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
DPD, driver pulled onto my drive way, threw his cigarette end on my drive as he got out of his cab and was quite put out when i politely asked him to pick up his rubbish from my property.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We've left your parcel by the front door.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 07-04-22 at 10.34 AM.JPG
    Screen Shot 07-04-22 at 10.34 AM.JPG
    713.7 KB · Views: 162

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Many of the courier firms listed here are truly appalling, yes. However, they are mere amateurs compared to 'XDP'. These people must have spent a fortune in designing the most useless service I have ever experienced. I bought an office chair which happened to be delivered using 'XDP' - the level of misinformation and apathy from the vendor and the courier was unreal. XDP won't talk to people receiving parcels, they only talk to the people sending them. Which makes for great fun.

They have an app. It's brilliant. The most unusual UI I've ever come across. And the data provided is clearly nonsense. My package was 30 minutes away for a good week, and then it just disappeared. I believe that these are the same people that Aldi use if you order a large item from them. Avoid at all costs.

Trustpilot scores
I have my doubts about some of these scores, but I suppose the majority of deliveries usually go ok, so perhaps they aren't full of paid-for fake reviews.
4.5 - DPD
4.3 - Evri (Hermes)
4.0 - Yodel
3.4 - Parcelforce
2.3 - XDP

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We have several delivery men and I lose track of who is who. Working from home a lot I've become very aware of how much Mrs Giraffe is ordering though!

Of the lot the pick is the Hermes guy. I think it's Hermes, he delivers a lot of the Amazon stuff I think. Very friendly and always gives me a happy wave as I'm invariably on yet another boring Teams call when he arrives.

The others are much of a muchness and ignore the instructions to leave at door and insist on banging on it like they are trying to raise the dead. Can't say we have had many go missing though, but they is normally at least one person at home most of the time so maybe that's why?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
DPD are appalling. They’ve just shut a load of their depots, including one in Sussex, Crawley I think, and are expecting the remaining drivers to pick up the slack!

I ordered a hot water bottle in November, I got sent three pictures of it on someone else’s doorstep and then they ceased communicating with me. The nights were cold, their customer service even colder.

Hot water bottles! Takes me back to the 70's.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I’ve had problems with all of them

TNT this year have lost 2 engines and 3 gearboxes is probably my highlight

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Always found DPD to be by far the best. Hermes the worst. They once left a parcel in my recycling bin! (Think it was Hermes, anyway).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Domino's. Ordered 2 Pizza's for delivery a week before Christmas.

Still waiting. Think they may be cold by now.

Did you order the Festive Special? (Deep pan, crisp and even) *

* I'm only doing this as gag on a temporary basis as [MENTION=33581]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] doesn't appear to be available at present.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Ha! I can’t stand the things. It was a gift for an American lass at work who moved over from Buffalo and had never heard of them, she found them amusing for some reason. Our quaint English ways I suppose! :)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
they are all crap except Royal Mail, Parcelforce, DHL and Amazon.

Amazon have been a bit shit for me recently.

They keep delivering my stuff to BlahBlah Court and not BlahBlah Close despite repeatedly telling them I live at BlahBlah Close.

DPD on the other hand - impeccable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

* I'm only doing this as gag on a temporary basis as [MENTION=33581]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] doesn't appear to be available at present.

Good to know that [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] has got my back during the rare milliseconds that I am not actively, er, active on NSC :kiss:

Screenshot_20220704-123312_Chrome.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Last winter an aussie mate of mine got so fed up of my bleating about being freezing in my hovel of a flat that - bless! - she took pity on me and had a chargeable hot water bottle delivered to my flat. It comes complete with a wearable belt. Unfortunately everybody I ever showed it to assumes it's a colostomy bag

20220704_124537.jpg

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Always found DPD to be by far the best. Hermes the worst. They once left a parcel in my recycling bin! (Think it was Hermes, anyway).

I've had a parcel left by Hermes in my recycling bin on bin collection day! All captured on my doorbell camera. Did the delivery person think I'd handily left my bin out for them to deliver into?!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

No, it was a thin and crispy supreme

Diana Ross turned up :thumbsup:

Back on topic, I don't think I've ever had anything 'lost'. The only thing that is delivered regularly is wine, but the few odd bits and pieces I order all seem to arrive very quickly, regardless of courier :shrug:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Everyone will have stories of each company doing shit things

But only two are universally despised Evri/Hermes and Yodel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here