Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolas Tagliafico

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I could have posted this photo:
3efa340acbef57c23dd7b14e54688c4c.jpg

But I didn’t want this thread sink to bottom of the taste barrel. Rather than focus on the quality of the player, I suspect most would comment on the quality of something else.

We’re better than that!

The only word I registered was "bottom".

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
great player with great experience but at 29 I'd be surprised if we didn't stick to the 'buy talent, develop and sell', which we can't really do with him. but maybe we'll buy a very young protege who's a couple of seasons away from the first team and use tagliafico as a stop-gap, and a very good one at that

:ffsparr:

Sorry, it's just the notion that Tagliafico would choose to sign for us, knowing that he would only ever be a stop gap, until someone comes through from the academy to replace him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Sorry, it's just the notion that Tagliafico would choose to sign for us, knowing that he would only ever be a stop gap, until someone comes through from the academy to replace him.

England’s Zak Sturge is just 18. Tagliafico would have at least 3 years as our preferred LB/LWB, possibly 5.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

who's replacing him has nothing to do with him. and nothing to do with the present either.

he'd be a stop gap for two or three seasons at the very least, so maybe that was a bad way of describing it, but I don't think there's anything inherently bad for him in that. sturge won't be 21 for another three seasons.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Pretty confident Tagliafico would perform on a similar level to Cucu in the PL, providing he settles etc. Even if he will only be a 2-3 year option, if we can get him in for Cucu and make £50m odd profit, everyone's a winner I reckon.

Except Ajax, who are being bloody pillaged at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty confident Tagliafico would perform on a similar level to Cucu in the PL, providing he settles etc. Even if he will only be a 2-3 year option, if we can get him in for Cucu and make £50m odd profit, everyone's a winner I reckon.

Except Ajax, who are being bloody pillaged at the moment.

They'll scrub up nicely.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
who's replacing him has nothing to do with him. and nothing to do with the present either.

he'd be a stop gap for two or three seasons at the very least, so maybe that was a bad way of describing it, but I don't think there's anything inherently bad for him in that. sturge won't be 21 for another three seasons.

Nothing to say either that Sturge, or any other promising 18 year old, is going to mature into senior first team football.

The game is littered with promising youngsters who have fallen away, and failed to fulfill their potential.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Nothing to say either that Sturge, or any other promising 18 year old, is going to mature into senior first team football.

The game is littered with promising youngsters who have fallen away, and failed to fulfill their potential.

of course. which is why I suggested in my original post we may buy a young talent to take over from tagliafico once he's started to slow down a bit. it was hugo rune who suggested we already had said young talent in sturge. that may or may not be correct, only time will tell

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But I didn’t want this thread sink to bottom of the taste barrel. Rather than focus on the quality of the player, I suspect most would comment on the quality of something else.

We’re better than that!

Wonder if she’s impressed by the size of his boat

phoenix

May 18, 2009

We’re better than that!

Is he on the left or right in the photo?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hilarious people are turning their nose up at tag.

He's has been/is Argentina captain and one of Ajax's best players/fan favourites and can play anywhere along the back.

I'm sure swanny knows hes out of our league.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hilarious people are turning their nose up at tag.

He's has been/is Argentina captain and one of Ajax's best players/fan favourites and can play anywhere along the back.

I'm sure swanny knows hes out of our league.

Normally I'd say he is but not sure now.

He wanted to play for Barcelona and got a bit angry when Ajax turned it down in January and I dont think a move there is happening anymore so he might have to settle for something less. Turns 30 later this summer so I really don't think he is a top priority for the big clubs.

Probably not too likely of a deal, but wouldn't rule it out completely.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Normally I'd say he is but not sure now.

He wanted to play for Barcelona and got a bit angry when Ajax turned it down in January and I dont think a move there is happening anymore so he might have to settle for something less. Turns 30 later this summer so I really don't think he is a top priority for the big clubs.

Probably not too likely of a deal, but wouldn't rule it out completely.
There's been a lot of talk on this forum of tagliafico before which is interesting. I'm sure I saw an article a couple of years ago linking with him with us as well. No smoke without fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here