Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Worthing & Lancing A27 Bypass - New Report

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THey should have done the bypass and tunnel in the mid 90's . . . Now we'll just get the cheapest shittest option that won't cope with now, let alone 15 years when its done

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
i thought a decision was made on what route to take. Does this now mean no nearer

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can't see why they can't duel what they already have. Close off some right turns, there is space to do a 4 lane road from Swandean to Lyons Farm, limit it to 40mph max, and put up average speed cameras. I recall they have similar in the centre of Nottingham, created the same way perhaps 20 years ago. Sure, a few trees will have to come down, and a few people won't be able to turn right where they have always been able to, but it would provide dual road in both directions, which would improve 2 into 1 the bottlenecks which is where the problems seem to arise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More roads will solve the problem.

It always does.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hate the idea of them ploughing up, and concreting over, a new 10 mile stretch of downland. I also hate crawling through Lancing and Worthing, around twice a month.

Jul 7, 2003
Upgrade the A283 from Steyning to Storrington and the B2139 from Storrington to Arundel with a couple of village bypasses - job done.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
They should instal a Monorail.They did in Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and, by gum, it put them on the map. Also I might get a cushy job.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"Although traffic volume is still forecast to increase in future, there remains uncertainty in relation to future forecasts and data has demonstrated that growth has not materialised as previously predicted at Worthing and Lancing and across the wider area. "

This is what drives the conclusion that major scheme new road build, for which it proved impossible to make an economic never mind environmental case, is effectively off the table.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
More roads will solve the problem.

It always does.

I’ve been walking a lot more now I have a dog. It’s amazing how dominant the car is in our lives, how rarely it is for a car to give way to a pedestrian or anyone else. The lack of consideration is amazing, like indicating is only for other cars for example.

I do own a car so trying to be far more gentle in my driving approach, but when I basically hear the answer to climate change is just swap all the fossil vehicles for EVs and build more roads - it’s a bit of a Homer doh! :facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is paralysis by committee. The only way the A27 will ever be materially improved is if there is some sort of 'Road Tsar' appointed in order to weight up the arguments then come up with the most pragmatic solution.

The section of road between Clapham and the Shoreham Flyover is depression in tarmac form.

The Chinese would have had this sorted in a couple of years.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
take it out over the channel run a bridge between the wind turbines that way save money on the concrete piles, job done this engineering is a piece of p155.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here