Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southgate

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Easy to say now, but I always thought we over achieved during the Euros. Massivley. I did say it at the time too. Started to watch the 2nd half, first England game I've seen since the final. Awful.

Southgate could possibly be a decent chap but he comes over as having the personality of a snail and the total inablity to manage a football team when they arent doing well.

Hopefully he stays and they dont come calling for GPott. I really really dont care about England and havent for almsot 20 years.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Considering Potter is the red hot favourite to take over right now, I’d rather Southgate stays

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No give the job to Smug Eddie, now he is a top top English manager

True, Potter is nowhere near good or experienced enough for such a massive job.

He needs to carry on improving himself at L’il Ole Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Easy to say now, but I always thought we over achieved during the Euros. Massivley. I did say it at the time too. Started to watch the 2nd half, first England game I've seen since the final. Awful.

Southgate could possibly be a decent chap but he comes over as having the personality of a snail and the total inablity to manage a football team when they arent doing well.

Hopefully he stays and they dont come calling for GPott. I really really dont care about England and havent for almsot 20 years.

In what way? Barring a bit of a slow start in the groups, we played very well in most games, arguably one of the best sides at the tournament.

Second half vs Germany, the Croatia game, the Ukraine game, decent against Denmark, took Italy to penalties.

We were a few inches to the right from winning the whole thing.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I really hate to say it, as I've never bought into the ex-Palace stuff, but I do think Gareth Southgate has now reached his sell-by-date.

I just pity the next poor sap, whoever he might be...*

* knowing our track record, it will be Eddie Howe - then we will all moan about how it should have been Graham Potter, ignoring the fact we are glad it isn't!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Haven't watched England for years. Boring football from a collection of boring players working under a boring manager.

Unfortunately Potter is just the sort of manager that would flourish in international football in my opinion as its all about getting the best out of the players you have and coming up with tactical solutions. Hope he stays away from that poisoned chalice however

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
In what way? Barring a bit of a slow start in the groups, we played very well in most games, arguably one of the best sides at the tournament.

Second half vs Germany, the Croatia game, the Ukraine game, decent against Denmark, took Italy to penalties.

We were a few inches to the right from winning the whole thing.

Agree, fine margins, etc., however, something just doesn't seem right - apart from maybe playing pointless friendlies at the end of a long season!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Me too…

Couldn’t give a feck about England…..

Amen to this.

I’m also not sure Potter would be that good an England manager! Blessed with natural bad luck (which would kill him in the inevitable penalty shoot outs), he’d also need a year of 1-2-1 training sessions with masterminds like Grealish & Maguire to get across the sort of advanced football tactics most current England players would fail to grasp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here