Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blocking immigration vans, for or against?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
that particular ethos has been put forward numerous times but seemingly just bounces off the never will say yeah , donut brigade .......these guys have basically travelled plus/minus 4000 miles over land and sea with the express intention of getting to England , you really have to ask yourself why is that ..?? Athens , Rome , Barca, Madrid , Turin , Hamburg or Berlin all perfectly "safe " locations but no .......it appears that it has to be England ...?? :smokin:

To be fair certain recent events have shown that France is not a particularly safe country.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
question is if you believe in rule of law or mob rule. you dont have to like the law, but where next if you accept mob rule instead?

they aren't removing that particular person for giggles, there'll be a reason and doubt the mob have full facts of the matter.

This is the problem when the Government conceives of, then tries to implement "appalling" policies like deporting people to Rwanda.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ffs .....1.6 million individuals , with no money ..?? are you for real...??

Yes very real. It’s ok for us sitting in our warm comfortable homes pontificating about refugees but none of us have had to run away from bombed houses threats of death and not able to get their money out of the bank before running.

Jewish people bought jewellery and kept a packed bag by the door for several decades to be ready to run.

We have no idea what our fellow human beings go through.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
To be fair certain recent events have shown that France is not a particularly safe country.

i'm not buyng into that , they did the same thing in Marseilles 12 years ago , it's not recent although i'm sure with all the transients in Paris now it's a lot worse .....some people need to be dropped in the middle of it to lose the bleeding heart angle.......i mean , how much are they prepared to give..?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/26/channel-crossings-france-uk-johnson-macron-letter

Is that what you are referring to ? It would actually be a joint processing Centre. I don’t quite understand the idea that the French see themselves as a ‘transiting country.’ I thought that when people flee war torn areas and claim asylum it should be in the first safe country they arrive in ?

Edit; just done my own research and that is not the case. So it seems asylum seekers can choose to make their claim anywhere they choose in which case there is equally no urgency to make a decision. It is probably most important that it is right for both sides ie fits the needs of the applicant and the country.

As to blocking vans I’m not sure I’m bothered either way. It sounds very newsworthy but really we are just trying to find a solution and using the time we clearly have as there is no particular urgency.

The French take in three times the number that we do.

All the problems in this country come from public schoolboys, not brown skinned people who flee for their lives.
A lot of single men try to escape because they’re gay and not accepted in Muslim or African countries.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i'm not buyng into that , they did the same thing in Marseilles 12 years ago , it's not recent although i'm sure with all the transients in Paris now it's a lot worse .....some people need to be dropped in the middle of it to lose the bleeding heart angle.......i mean , how much are they prepared to give..?

Lots. My bleeding heart gives lots every month. It doesn’t affect you, 8000 miles away, does it?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

All the problems in this country come from public schoolboys, not brown skinned people who flee for their lives.
A lot of single men try to escape because they’re gay and not accepted in Muslim or African countries.

I think the problem is that you are right and so are the people on the other side.
Brown skinned people and homosexuals are fleeing for their lives. In addition though there are economic migrants. They are not mutually exclusive. Neither side of this debate wants solutions to the part of the problem that doesn’t interest them so instead discussion will continue to be framed as a part of the culture wars.
Equally, whilst it is true that public school rugby tossers cause a lot of problems in this country it is also true that non public school rugby tossers cause a lot of problems in this country.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yes very real. It’s ok for us sitting in our warm comfortable homes pontificating about refugees but none of us have had to run away from bombed houses threats of death and not able to get their money out of the bank before running.

Jewish people bought jewellery and kept a packed bag by the door for several decades to be ready to run.

We have no idea what our fellow human beings go through.

so you are prepared to relinquish your standard of living and that of your kids , grandchildren and their kids ........plunge the country into a cycle of debt from which it is never likely to recover to allow millions of 3rd world immigrants a warm home and 3 meals a day , something that many , many , many of your own country people are going without and something that they never had in their home lands.......you,re prepared to do that ...??

ffs ..?? are you right in the head , at what point does it stop ...? i cant go and live in the UAE , Syria , Morrocco ,Dubai , Bali , Thailand, Vietnam , Philippines or Fiji without correct paperwork and sufficient funds to support myself .....why is it different for anyone else ....for instance , why didn't Saudi Arabia offer asylum to their Muslim brothers and sisters from Syria , why make them travel 6000 miles to a country with a totally different culture and climate .

give your head a wobble ffs...!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

So which public school did Salman Ramadan Abedi go to ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the problem is that you are right and so are the people on the other side.
Brown skinned people and homosexuals are fleeing for their lives. In addition though there are economic migrants. They are not mutually exclusive. Neither side of this debate wants solutions to the part of the problem that doesn’t interest them so instead discussion will continue to be framed as a part of the culture wars.
Equally, whilst it is true that public school rugby tossers cause a lot of problems in this country it is also true that non public school rugby tossers cause a lot of problems in this country.

Indeed, we’ve seen the offspring of economic migrants in government like Pritti Patel and Stella Bravamen (who lied on QT saying her family were refugees). It’s called pulling up the drawbridge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
so you are prepared to relinquish your standard of living and that of your kids , grandchildren and their kids ........plunge the country into a cycle of debt from which it is never likely to recover to allow millions of 3rd world immigrants a warm home and 3 meals a day , something that many , many , many of your own country people are going without and something that they never had in their home lands.......you,re prepared to do that ...??

ffs ..?? are you right in the head , at what point does it stop ...? i cant go and live in the UAE , Syria , Morrocco ,Dubai , Bali , Thailand, Vietnam , Philippines or Fiji without correct paperwork and sufficient funds to support myself .....why is it different for anyone else ....for instance , why didn't Saudi Arabia offer asylum to their Muslim brothers and sisters from Syria , why make them travel 6000 miles to a country with a totally different culture and climate .

give your head a wobble ffs...!

I will ignore your insults and hope you never need help, and find that nobody will help you, but turn their backs.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Indeed, we’ve seen the offspring of economic migrants in government like Pritti Patel and Stella Bravamen (who lied on QT saying her family were refugees). It’s called pulling up the drawbridge.

my dear lady , i don't wish to offend you at all but the people in power are attempting to lay the guilt at our door .....well quite frankly **** that , i have done loads of charity work all over Africa and Asia and now for these ****ers to kick off the next cycle of ethnic persecution , financial gouging and revenue hoarding ...?? nah , people need to wake up....them up there are taking the piss and playing games with us ....it's gotta stop.

The slave trade was propagated by many European countries , assisted heavily by Arab traders ( there is evidence of Arab traders settling in southern Africa prior the the 1500's) but when it comes down to the guilt then it appears that England has a special part to play ......sorry , not having the either.

do some history , you'll feel better for it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If I were an educated asylum seeker from eg Africa I don’t think I would want to be forced to live on some dodgy estate in Paris. There’s nothing bleeding heart about that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It all depends on the reason for deportation I guess. I’m still unsure as to why some asylum seekers don’t claim it in the first safe country they arrive in? Isn’t that international law?

I genuinely don’t know, so maybe someone could enlighten me?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It all depends on the reason for deportation I guess. I’m still unsure as to why some asylum seekers don’t claim it in the first safe country they arrive in? Isn’t that international law?

6800CA2A-2774-4F65-9117-C0433E21EEB7.jpeg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If I were an educated asylum seeker from eg Africa I don’t think I would want to be forced to live on some dodgy estate in Paris. There’s nothing bleeding heart about that.

so England gets them all then ...or pay for them to fly back to Rwanda ...?? most people who leave Africa do so for political/ tribal reasons .....it wasn't that long ago 800,000 people were killed in Rwanda in conflict between Hutu and Tutsi tribes , now England is talking about sending asylum seekers to Rwanda ffs ?? and some of them Africans , many of them Syrians , Afghans or Iraqi .......how will they adapt to life in Rwanda , how will they be accepted .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Lots of reasons, being able to speak the language, family ties already in place,from countries with historical links to Britain.
Why do so many British migrants ( sorry, ex pats) go and live in Australia, Canada, America? Much the same reasons, I would have thought,

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I will ignore your insults and hope you never need help, and find that nobody will help you, but turn their backs.

Once Sydney is into one of his immigrant rants, it's normally best to ignore him. He'll only get worse till it ends up in the pit :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here