Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you bothered...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
... If you upset someone online, someone you most probably won't ever meet and may not even like if you ever met in person?

Me, for what it's worth I hate it... I don't like thinking I have made someone feel bad, unnecessarily.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I am bothered. I have done it several times, and have apologised several times. It's far too easy for me to get the wrong end of the stick, without the cue-triggering opportunity to hear the voice or see the facial expressions. Not bothered about being rude to WUMs, though.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Yes, I try to remain courteous even when I disagree with people, and even to keep friendships with people who see the world very differently to me.

I’m sure I don’t always manage though, and apologise if I’ve upset anyone on here.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
In most cases, people we interact with and could upset online are totally anonymous but on NSC there is a genuine chance we know someone or know someone who knows someone which is always worth remembering.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I always try and be reasonable and understanding online, and yes - it bothers me if I genuinely upset someone.

You have no idea what people have been through, are going through, what's happened to them in the past, or what rattles them - and everyone is a little bit more brave when they don their keyboard warrior uniform and mount their typing-horse. Sometimes people appear rude or aggressive online when it's just their knee-jerk reaction, or they didn't read it back before posting, or they're drunk or otherwise intoxicated and the fingers ain't having much to do with the brain.

Online, we're just a persona - wether it reflects our true selves or not, but on the whole we are all good and decent people. There are some absolutely lovely people on here and I'd hate to offend any one of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, and by they way, you're all a bunch of ******g ****s, the ******g lot of you. ******s

Lucille.gif

********s

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Yes, I am bothered. I have done it several times, and have apologised several times. It's far too easy for me to get the wrong end of the stick, without the cue-triggering opportunity to hear the voice or see the facial expressions. Not bothered about being rude to WUMs, though.

I agree, it’s really difficult to sometimes get over exactly what you mean - obviously emojis help, but aren’t always enough to give context to comments!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It depends on the circumstances. Of course it is preferable if it is avoided but some people get easily upset over things there's no real good reason to be upset about and then in those cases I can't say I'm too bothered.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Ha ha ha! Yeah right, you're an egotistical internet bully boy/girl that wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have a lovely weekend too. ****.

Oh, and if one goes too far, frantic backtracking is highly recommended. If that fails then making light of it with a bit of self-effacing comedy often pays dividends. Gosh, I'm so overweight! (Copywrite [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION])

In all seriousness, I am really bad at knowing when I've caused offense. In my tiny brain, I imagine my vituperation is received with 'oh, goodness, me, how right you are. I made a foolish comment. Must do better', whereas it's more like 'why has that fool randomly called me a **** for no reason?'.

Coat! Taxi! Beam me up, Scotty! :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So the $100 question is, who have you ****ed up today, [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION], you Westerly Swale B'stard? ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would be really bothered if I upset somebody unintentionally, and over the years I have and apologised every time. However, I am someone for whom the term 'doesn't suffer fools gladly' was probably invented. As a consequence I have answered people I believe are being deliberately foolish quite sharply. This has resulted in accusations of everything from from sarcasm to being condescending (normally when I put forward an argument in increasingly simple terms). There I go again :shrug:

I'm sure this is very annoying, but having very strict morals, I never revert to insulting people with the exception of a single poster (now permanently banned) who had already had a number of bans themselves (and had to have their NSC name changed) for racism and homophobia and to be honest, was just a stupid **** :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here