Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] USB Type-C power for new portable electronic devices by autumn 2024

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
That'll be helpful.

I'm always putting my qsn stick in the wrong way round.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's actually an EU directive.

Hopefully the government won't try and be different for the sake of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sensible move in my opinion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
coming to the party late, once industry has settled on a standard. it wont look too clever when there's a new standard in future unless they respond to change. it wont save money either because people still expect new chargers and cables with devices, and different devices have different power requirements.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

I don't think it would even matter if the government tried to be different. It would be terrible business sense to have two different models for the same market.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

As they want to bring back groats and pecks I'm sure our 'Global Britain' government will insist on a brown twisted cable which you have to wire up yourself to a Bakelite plug.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
t wont save money either because people still expect new chargers and cables with devices.

Really? I have just checked and have 5 Apple iphone/ipad connectors in my draw and do not need any more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think it would even matter if the government tried to be different. It would be terrible business sense to have two different models for the same market.

Terrible business ideas have not stopped this government over the past 6 years or so.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

It will be the same charger but the government will insist that it's size is measured in fraction of an inch and that it should be paid for in groats

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My apple iPad Air, purchased last September has the new usb c type connectivity for power supply and earphone. There are no other connections on the machine. Seems Apple are ahead of this legislation already !

No 3.5mm headphone jack?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here