Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Champions' league final issues

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Should have had wide rings of ticket checks. People are people and authorities should anticipate this. Not hard. Euros was the clue to this plus 100k Liverpool fans in Paris.

Maybe UEFA should give fewer tickets to sponsors rather than just 25% to LFC and Real respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, that will encourage the sponsors to pile in with their cash

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If they kick this off with thousands still outside, including loads of kids, god knows what will happen.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Listening to reporters on Five Live it seems the problems were caused by ticketless fans in red shirts, trying to force entry.

1.jpg

I've verified that from video footage in Twitter.

So no-one really knows what is properly going on.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
5live reporter pepper sprayed. Oh dear. Awful organisation and policing. UEFA already blaming the Liverpool fans.

seeing them climbing fences, hard to say its not partially their fault.

looking like a complete shit show though, security cant control it. wonder why so many with tickets appear to have turn up so late, or has there just been that many ticketless blocking them?

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Jake Humphries, such an embarrassing tool. CL a family affair. What?

Yep, complete tool.

What he should have said was ... CL a family friendly customer experience :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Someone saying 15k ticketless fans have got in! That’s madness; half an Amex worth of fans so serious numbers. Can imagine a few 100 might manage it but 15k?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
15K fans have entered the stadium WITHOUT buying tickets

If that’s true, that’s a disgrace and serious questions need asking.

There’s footage of a few dozen climbing over a fence, but if anything even close to 15k have got in without tickets then something major has gone wrong.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you think this is bad.. what's going to happen when the scousers finally get in and find out how much the stadium is charging for a beer ..

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Someone saying 15k ticketless fans have got in! That’s madness; half an Amex worth of fans so serious numbers. Can imagine a few 100 might manage it but 15k?

Worse than the Euro final...!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes. That was always going to happen. Anyway, the gates are closed now, thousands of empty seats in the stadium and thousands of Liverpool fans (with tickets) probably not going to get in.

I feel very sorry for those fans with tickets that won’t get in and criticise the authorities for letting it happen, however the fingers should be pointed at those inside without tickets. They know who they are and will be dining on it for years whilst also campaigning for the authorities to be brought to task.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There's some journos saying gates are shut but shouldn't be. Reports of bottlenecks etc.

Plus videos of people charging barriers.

Would imagine it's a combination of piss poor planning and fans trying it on.

Whatever the case there will absolutely be a majority of innocent fans in that madness who just want to watch a game of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here