Newhaven
281675929_10159876592364299_2225607344256903753_n.jpg

:lolol:
I wish

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Looking forward to it, loads of events going on in my village. I've signed up to help out where I can.

Hopefully, even the abolitionists and the bolshies on the other thread will get involved and enjoy themselves!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There seems to be far more of these Jubilee thingys these days.theres one every 5 years or so, when I was younger I can only remember one, in about 1977, and then there wasn’t another one for about 25 years.

I suppose it must be inflation.

Anyway, I will give this one a swerve as my Daughter is getting married next week, and I am looking forward to celebrating that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must say I'm really looking forward to this.

Or more accurately, I'm looking forward to my holiday in Tenerife to escape this deferential sycophantic nonsense.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
That party line up looks like a good excuse for an early night. The cast of ‘Allo ‘Allo Must be getting on a bit now? and , pardon my ignorance but who in the world are Dumpy ‘s Rusty Nuts?

I don’t know if I’ve been whooshed, but that is a fake line up.

The real one is just as bad though.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Think the nations celebrations which will be taking place next week and weekend deserve a thread of their own. It all kicked off yesterday with MP's before their recess dedicating an entire session in the House of Commons yesterday to pay individual tributes to Her Majesty The Queen.

The PM Boris Johnson described her as 'Elizabeth the Great' and described his weekly audiences with Her Majesty as 'immensely comforting'.

Sir Beer Starmer paid tribute by saying “We celebrate her not just for representing our great nation, but for making it greater still. We celebrate her not just for being our Queen, but for being a Queen for all her people and reigning over us with such grace.”

Lindsay Hoyle the Speaker for the House nailed it on behalf of the whole country by saying “Platinum is the appropriate epithet for this jubilee. It is one of the purest of the precious metals. It is rare, durable, and enormously valued. For 70 years, Your Majesty has profoundly demonstrated all these qualities. On behalf of all the members of the House of Commons and the entire nation, may I thank you wholeheartedly for all that you have done, are doing and will do for the good of our country.”

:bowdown:

Here in Lyme we are having a torchlight procession next Thursday to give thanks to Her Majesty and then a huge fireworks display over the Cobb to celebrate all she has done and continues to do for us. On Sunday we are holding a huge jubilee picnic in the afternoon where Mrs Crodo is producing some special baked goods with proceeds going to the fund to buy the Queen a new yacht and in the evening we are holding a concert on the beach featuring some rousing British songs and a special rendition of Happy Birthday featuring the On The Market.com choir and our good friends Polly and Giles.

:clap:

The highlight of the nationwide celebrations look like the Platinum Jubilee Party at the Palace featuring some of the very best and biggest names in music today and over the Queens reign featuring Queen (and a very special surprise from Brian May), Cliff Richard, Lulu, Mabel, Sam Smith, Jess Glynne and Diversity. Some of the biggest celebrities including David Beckham, Alec Scott, Stephen Mulhern, Judi Dench and Lenny Henry will pay tribute to her.

You forgot Duran Duran…

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Makes me laugh people actually throwing parties for this woman.

I'll respect anyone who does their job for such a long period of time, but I wouldn't celebrate Margaret sitting on the tills at Sainsburys for 70 years, or Eric working at his green grocer for 70 years. They've done their job, bravo. Why give a shit about this woman who has had everything handed to her on a plate?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Makes me laugh people actually throwing parties for this woman.

I'll respect anyone who does their job for such a long period of time, but I wouldn't celebrate Margaret sitting on the tills at Sainsburys for 70 years, or Eric working at his green grocer for 70 years. They've done their job, bravo. Why give a shit about this woman who has had everything handed to her on a plate?

I dunno. I'd go to a street party organised for Margaret or Eric.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am not keen on bank holidays and I am certainly not a fan of the Royal Family so it's no from me. Having said that, I wish all those that are celebrating a grand old time and I hope you enjoy it.

Personally, I think we give enough to that old free-loader and her contemptible offspring without additionally celebrating the rather unremarkable feat that she's ruled in privilege for 70 years while spending the vast majority of her working age doing little more than walking around with a handbag, surveying her Kingdom.

Frankly, I have had a gut-full of celebrating overindulged, elitist gas-bags who have acquired vast private fortunes for absolute minimum effort or sacrifice.

While nurses queue up outside food banks and pensioners ride around on busses to keep warm, celebrating the unimaginably privileged reign of a woman who has never gone to bed hungry and never had to choose between food and heat is at best crass and at worst absolutely ****ing revolting.

I'll save the festivities for when we are declared a republic.

Have a lovely time.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here