Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley close to appointing Vincent Kompany as manager

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure which is weirder for next Burnley manager: Vincent Kompany or (as was reported on here t'other day) the philosopher and fine art historian Joseph Barton

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lazy choice. Are there no potential British managers to take on the challenge?

I wonder where Dyche will end up, probably Sky

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know a few Bristol Rovers supporters and they all think Joey Barton is a football manager genius and are worried about losing him to a bigger club.

I know one or two gasheads who think he’s a lunatic and one step away from another explosion. Can’t fault his management record and achievements since Xmas when they were in the bottom 4 and he predicted the play offs. He was wrong!!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Remains to be seen if this club, most likely desperate to be promoted, are going to be as patient with Kompany as Anderlecht was.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Could have an indirect effect on us as Union Saint Gilloise manager Felice Mazzú is favourite to take over the Anderlecht job.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very odd decision. What qualifies him for the job. Can't see it working out at all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kompany manages the biggest club in Belgium, but only finished in third place and misses out on Champions League whilst being leapfrogged by cross-city neighbours USG - who play in front of 8,000 fans in a small, Withdeanesque stadium surrounded by trees.

God help the Clarets.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think it will be a great appointment.

Kompany has no managerial record to speak of, but that's to be expected. He's a young man in his first job. He is obviously a clever bloke, someone who can articulate his ideas well and clearly has recent contacts he can call on. That will give him a decent start in the championship

I think a bit more Gerrard than Hyppia

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think it will be a great appointment.

Kompany has no managerial record to speak of, but that's to be expected. He's a young man in his first job. He is obviously a clever bloke, someone who can articulate his ideas well and clearly has recent contacts he can call on. That will give him a decent start in the championship

I think a bit more Gerrard than Hyppia

I think your wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here