Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So who are we waving goodbye to on Sunday?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah, think they're a given. Trossard is the interesting one, with the possible exception of Bissouma, out of the list above he seems the one who most wants to go to a big 6 side, but also the one who might be least in their thoughts. Reckon it could become a bit of a saga.....
Has trossard ever been linked with anyone ? Also has he ever indicated he wants out?

Think the answer to both the above is no.

Now we know he has a contract until 2024. Can't see him going anywhere

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If rumours are to be believed, or contracts not renewed, it could be any or all of Bissouma, Gross, Cucurella, Trossard, Maupay, MacAllister, Welbeck, Sanchez, Lamptey and big Shane.

The body language watchers will be out in force!

There aren't any "rumours" suggesting all of these players will be leaving.
There is good reporting that we're offering Trossard, Welbeck new contracts, that its likely that we would sell Bissouma as a marquee sale (he's shown no desire to sign a new contract), and that as you'd expect other clubs are "having a look" at our young squad with some reports a bit more advanced than that (Sanchez, Cucurella, Lamptey, MacAllister) but no reporting that there have been any bids for them - the window doesn't open to June 10th anyway - let alone we would entertain them. Why would we. Club don't have to sell. There's reporting that Duffy's role in the squad is dependent on centre backs - we have some options and he'll want to play football . There's also good reporting that after 5 years Gross is leaving for Germany/links with Werder Bremen.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am getting emotional already... the last time we may see a few top players in the blue and white stripes.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If rumours are to be believed, or contracts not renewed, it could be any or all of Bissouma, Gross, Cucurella, Trossard, Maupay, MacAllister, Welbeck, Sanchez, Lamptey and big Shane.

From that list, I'd say...

Trossard - if rumours are true (?) and he wants away, we'll let him go for a decent price
Maupay - not up to what we need
Sanchez - if the price is right
Duffy - need a better option at the back

Bissouma has gone off the boil. He'd be good to sign for us now and get his attitude back.

Personally, I'd like to retain them all except Maupay and Duffy.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It’s really not easy second-guessing our owner and the management team. But Potter’s now had three seasons (along with us and the footballing world) watching us create loads and converting too few. Not a betting person but it must be odds on that the big changes are going to happen in front of the onion bag. Biss might well be sold but only if Tony gets a whopping offer even with only 12 months left on his contract. The balance of the regular playing and in-contract squad stay. Imho

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We love something to worry about and get those liners back on the bed.

TB is a fan and he will keep his eye on the ball, the idea we are going to lose a third of the first team is laughable...I hope.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
From that list, I'd say...

Trossard - if rumours are true (?) and he wants away, we'll let him go for a decent price
Maupay - not up to what we need
Sanchez - if the price is right
Duffy - need a better option at the back

Bissouma has gone off the boil. He'd be good to sign for us now and get his attitude back.

Personally, I'd like to retain them all except Maupay and Duffy.

I don't get the Maupay hate. Without his goals we'd probably have been in a relegation scrap this season. Yes, he isn't a 20 goal a season striker, but they don't exist for clubs our level. We need to add another player like Maupay, another option that can get us 8-12 next season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It’s really not easy second-guessing our owner and the management team. But Potter’s now had three seasons (along with us and the footballing world) watching us create loads and converting too few. Not a betting person but it must be odds on that the big changes are going to happen in front of the onion bag.

What evidence is there that this is going to happen? I can't see it. It's been a fantastically successful season, without breaking the bank. I wouldn't want to change too much if I was Bloom.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Lamptey’s looked at a house twice in a week in Worthing, he’s going nowhere 👍

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A billionaire chairman with a desire not to be pushed around trumps even that.

Agents know this. If a chairman is so hacked off he puts his foot down there is no transfer.

But the club have constantly re-iterated they will allow staff to talk to other clubs and if they want to go and the terms are right they will not stand in their way. I appreciate there are ways to interpret this but my feeling is if the price is right and it’s a bigger club then they will be off.

To be fair, I feel is a good message to send to young hungry players and probably why we have so much young talent on our books.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lamptey’s looked at a house twice in a week in Worthing, he’s going nowhere ��

He could buy the house Ben White bought a couple of years ago.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And on that subject please don't tell me we will do some poncey guard of honour when he comes out on the pitch. He had that at his own club last week. Let's not be good old sporting Brighton and let's piss on his chips too by beating them!

Nowt wrong with a bit of mutual respect. Final game of the season at the Amex v Man City a season or two back, Bruno got applauded off the pitch by both sets of players and fans, as did Vincent Kompany. Hell, after the game, if memory serves, I think we extended the respect to applauding all 93 members of City's backroom staff, up to and including their assistant catering manager :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here