Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Burnley down, Luton up

D

Deleted member 2719

OK, how about Burnley is a town with a reputation for electing nazis.?

Maybe............. but knowingly or unknowingly, is the question.

I once unknowingly assumed I was talking to a mister on the phone, she soon corrected me and wasn't happy,:lol:..........easy mistake.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Maybe............. but knowingly or unknowingly, is the question.

I once unknowingly assumed I was talking to a mister on the phone, she soon corrected me and wasn't happy,:lol:..........easy mistake.
Hard not to know when you elect people standing for the BNP or fly flags emblazoned with BNP or EDL that there is a good chance you are electing nazis, at least in the greater Brighton area, home of ted budden founder of the bnp and tyndall of nf infamy we, through the ANL and public decency, rejected nazis.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Burnley's prosperity was built on cotton mills and coal mines, both of which were long gone before Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan.
I don't know about Burnley's coal mines, but coal mines in general in the UK were very very much on the list of Thatcher's seek out and destroy targets when she came to power. I seem to remember a few minor riots ......................... but I expect someone will be along to factwash history soon enough!

I have given your post about how Labour lost Burnley a thumbsup. Shocking corruption.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I don't know about Burnley's coal mines, but coal mines in general in the UK were very very much on the list of Thatcher's seek out and destroy targets when she came to power. I seem to remember a few minor riots ......................... but I expect someone will be along to factwash history soon enough!

I have given your post about how Labour lost Burnley a thumbsup. Shocking corruption.
The last pit in Burnley closed in 1971, though there was one in Hapton (Accrington way) that lasted till 1982. It was generally exhaustion of coal reserves that closed them, not politics.

I believe John Major's government closed more pits than Margaret Thatcher's.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you could supply us wth the facts to prevent that happening!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
you could supply us wth the facts to prevent that happening!

Yes I could, but some people have such a biassed agenda that they wouldn't accept them. To some people Thatcher is as much a supreme leader as Putin is to the average brainwashed and deluded Russians.

Next question? ........................ not that I'm interested in it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The last pit in Burnley closed in 1971, though there was one in Hapton (Accrington way) that lasted till 1982. It was generally exhaustion of coal reserves that closed them, not politics.

Quite possibly. Basically he was a Thatcher toadie who just carried on what Thatcher started. The wet weekend wouldn't have done anything else

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I went to Kenilworth Road a few weeks ago to watch the Bedfordshire Senior Cup Final. I've sat in the away end for Albion games 5-10 years ago and yes it's a dump.

However, the 'main' stand where we sat the other week is arguably even worse. The seats don't even have backs, you have to just perch. The toilets were a disgrace. The pipe for the massive communal urinal was completely snapped with urine pouring all over the floor, no locks on toilet doors, a leaking roof. I've seen derelict buildings in much better condition. I get that they want to move and so don't want to waste money doing it up but surely there's a limit, they'll be forced into doing some stuff if they go up

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

As did the Labour one before her.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yes I could, but some people have such a biassed agenda that they wouldn't accept them. To some people Thatcher is as much a supreme leader as Putin is to the average brainwashed and deluded Russians.

Next question? ........................ not that I'm interested in it.

thanks for clearing that up!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I went to Kenilworth Road a few weeks ago to watch the Bedfordshire Senior Cup Final. I've sat in the away end for Albion games 5-10 years ago and yes it's a dump.

However, the 'main' stand where we sat the other week is arguably even worse. The seats don't even have backs, you have to just perch. The toilets were a disgrace. The pipe for the massive communal urinal was completely snapped with urine pouring all over the floor, no locks on toilet doors, a leaking roof. I've seen derelict buildings in much better condition. I get that they want to move and so don't want to waste money doing it up but surely there's a limit, they'll be forced into doing some stuff if they go up

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

If Luton do get promoted how are they going to cope with the extra media facilities required by a PL club. There’s no space to build or expand at their ground.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If you don’t understand what is wrong with what you are SHOUTING about, then there really is little point having a conversation with you.

All the capital letters in the world doesn’t make your viewpoint right.

CORRECT!!! Sorry, correct!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Those that work in British Engineering know exactly what we can produce, we also see traitors like Bamford and Dyson selling our manufacturing expertise, expertise honed and developed on British shop floors down the river to maximise profits and accumulate obscene levels of personal wealth. Work taken out of this country because of the greed of the bosses who pay themselves millions and it still isn't enough not skilled shop floor people on 30k a year.

Some bloke who imports crap to burn in creamotoriums is hardly qualified to comment.

The overwhelming majority of coffins over 90% I’d say come from the UK, Kent and Somerset to be precise.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Those that work in British Engineering know exactly what we can produce, we also see traitors like Bamford and Dyson selling our manufacturing expertise, expertise honed and developed on British shop floors down the river to maximise profits and accumulate obscene levels of personal wealth. Work taken out of this country because of the greed of the bosses who pay themselves millions and it still isn't enough not skilled shop floor people on 30k a year.

Some bloke who imports crap to burn in creamotoriums is hardly qualified to comment.

"traitors" :facepalm: :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here