Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Leader would step down.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sir Keir Starmer and deputy leader Angela Rayner have anounced they WILL step down if the police issue them with a fine.
Whilst this is obviously the only thing left for him after he insisted that Boris should go, aren't the Police now under pressure?
Further it seems that Durham police don't give out fines as often as other forces.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone even remotely surprised by this ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sounds like the only reasonable and appropriate thing to do, as a leader and deputy leader of a national political party, who aren't mendacious knobbers :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's what a proper leader does. Not a shifty conman.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's what a proper leader does. Not a shifty conman.

It could be described as taking the moral high ground….. not that Johnson has ever been anywhere near the moral high ground…

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well ideally a proper leader doesn't do it in the first place, but I know what you mean.

Everyone makes mistakes, its how you deal with them when you do, if you have done, which they might not have done (seems like they haven't to me, we shall see...), unlike some, who actually have made a lot of mistakes and then move on to royally take the p*ss and laugh in your face while doing so.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In terms of replacement leaders I expect Wes Streeting to be right up there in contention. He has that popular touch that seems to elude Starmer that people seem to require from a leader nowadays.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Labour are going nowhere with him at the helm, of the 67.25 million on this island, only Frank Lampard has less charisma/personality. Time to bin him off regardless of the outcome.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Labour are going nowhere with him at the helm, of the 67.25 million on this island, only Frank Lampard has less charisma/personality. Time to bin him off regardless of the outcome.

why do you need charisma to be PM?

John Major and Gordon Brown were dull as ditchwater, seems like Boris fans like him as they see charisma there, and trumps the fact he's an imbecile

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sir Keir Starmer and deputy leader Angela Rayner have anounced they WILL step down if the police issue them with a fine.
Whilst this is obviously the only thing left for him after he insisted that Boris should go, aren't the Police now under pressure?
Further it seems that Durham police don't give out fines as often as other forces.

You don’t think that they were under pressure before from the local Tory MP and the right wing press demanding they investigate the ‘meeting’ again?

The ‘meeting’ in the Downing Street garden with the food and alcohol was not deemed as breaking the law by the Met Police.

Therefore, Starmer and co can maintain the moral higher ground if the Durham Police take the same view. If not, it’s 100% the right decision for them both to stand down.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Not surprised the stick they have given out over a long time

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1523702312359063552[/tweet]

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It’s a win win for Labour - Starmer goes and Labour take the moral high ground. Just hope they find someone sensible to replace him as they have a great opportunity to get into power over this shambles of a government. I fear that those who influence selection know not what they do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1523712968730370050[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Diane Abbott seems very interested in this matter, no doubt privately hoping he receives the penalty.

Telling you all you need to know about the enemy within the party, Momentum/Corbynistas.

Should Starmer step down, Nandy would be my pick as the next leader.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s a win win for Labour - Starmer goes and Labour take the moral high ground. Just hope they find someone sensible to replace him as they have a great opportunity to get into power over this shambles of a government. I fear that those who influence selection know not what they do.

Labour's leadership selection process is fine.

Corbyn got in because many labour MPs who hate Corbyn nominated him in the foolish belief he'd never get any support from the wider membership, thinking it would look 'inclusive' to have Corbyn on the slate. Yes..... I know :facepalm: :shootself:

Labour MPs are the gatekeepers over who can stand. The labour MPs who gave Corbyn the 50 odd votes needed for his name to stay on the general sate were stupid and correctly paid the price. They won't be doing that again!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nandy would be my pick as the next leader.

Same here, very intelligent and votable as well which is why Starmer side-lined her into the stupid "Check levelling up is happening" role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here