Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anthony Knockaert

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Inspired by the club putting out a video on social media of his second goal against Wolves which basically sealed promotion for us, I’ve just watched again the video of all of his goals for us:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n6j3yC50MQ8

If anyone is feeling a bit down or their Albion/football mojo is lacking, I strongly recommend watching this. The guy really was box office and his exuberant celebrations are just wonderful to watch. What a player and character he was for us.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Brilliant player who went through so much personally whilst (and before) he was with us. Such a fun player to watch. So wanted him to make it as a PL player with us but wasn't quite to be in the end. But, such a huge part of our recent history no less because of his influence through the successful years prior to and during our promotion season, and in helping us successfully avoid relegation in our first couple of seasons in the PL.

Love AK!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
He didn’t do “ordinary “, did he? Some wonderful goals there, including “that” goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's happening with him now? Wiki reports games up to only last season. :nono:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Anyone got a link of the video of him leading the promotion celebration down from Brighton Stn? Special moment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s barely had a kick for Fulham this season. Played in a couple of cups games, but has barely made the bench in any of their league games.

Sad. I hope he's OK.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just goes to show if you can be versatile and easy to manager aka Solly. You can make it in the prem.

Knockers was several levels above but couldn’t make it in the Prem. I always look out for him and I hope he does well wherever he goes. Absolute hero in my book. Unrivalled passion loved his celebration against Wednesday the season after they beat us in the playoffs.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'll never tire of watching "that goal".
One of my favourite ever Albion players, an absolute joy to watch, always had people out of their seats with anticipation. Huge part of our promotion push.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Thanks so much for posting. A timely reminder that, while we are having our best season ever, there's one key ingredient that we're most definitely missing: a standout player, possessing true star quality. AK absolutely had that - in spades.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thanks so much for posting. A timely reminder that, while we are having our best season ever, there's one key ingredient that we're most definitely missing: a standout player, possessing true star quality. AK absolutely had that - in spades.

We do clearly. Just he isn’t in a position to score goals. If Biss isn’t a stand out player I don’t know what is.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's happening with him now? Wiki reports games up to only last season. :nono:

I dont know if it should be mentiond but suppose it makes no harm... I saw a couple of credible Fulham fans post that he's not really having the best time of life off the pitch. I hope all will be fine and well with him. Have not see much of him in Brighton but remember quite a bit of his Leicester days and I think he is a fine, creative and entertaining player.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"Bedlam at The Amex...."

Along with "number 5". Twice. Not sure how a defensive manager like CH managed that....... :moo:

Anyway, seriously, what a player and what an Albion legend, Loved him at the time and still do. I hope he's ok.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fantastic player.

Did ok in the PL as well IMO. Every time he got the ball I felt something could happen, although we’ve improved i rarely get that feeling now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here