Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Man City, Wembley

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Will it be moved?
I understand this has very little concern to most on here, but there are no trains between Liverpool, Manchester and London on the weekend of the cup semi finals. Ring any bells? No trains is something we, as BHA supporters, have to put up with on numorous occasions every season. Remember the Spurs cup fiasco and limited tickets with no trains?
So should this game get moved? And if it does will it start a trend to get TV games moved due to transport limitations.
And to make things easier and stop you wasting your time, I'll answer for you.

NO it wont get moved. Money is more important than fans and Wembley is under contract.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Old Trafford would make most sense.

But we ARE talking common sense here and the FA.

Add in Wembley losing a fortune, it ain't gonna happen.

They need to name the semi venues after the draw

Wembley for the other one is fine, but Man City V United should be at OT

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Liverpool, City, and United would have no problem filling allocations with people who won’t need to travel from the north west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It’s not going to be Old Trafford

Game can only be played on the Saturday
United are at home, then playing again on Tuesday against one of the teams mentioned

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Old Trafford would make most sense.

But we ARE talking common sense here and the FA.

Add in Wembley losing a fortune, it ain't gonna happen.

Always hated Semi's at Wembley, a catalyst to the demise of the FA Cup

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will it be moved?
I understand this has very little concern to most on here, but there are no trains between Liverpool, Manchester and London on the weekend of the cup semi finals. Ring any bells? No trains is something we, as BHA supporters, have to put up with on numorous occasions every season. Remember the Spurs cup fiasco and limited tickets with no trains?
So should this game get moved? And if it does will it start a trend to get TV games moved due to transport limitations.

NO it wont get moved. Money is more important than fans and Wembley is under contract.

On top of the huge unnecessary cost and inconvenience to tens of thousands of fans, having to travel 200 miles for a game against a team down the road, there is the issue of the environmental cost of all those pointless car and bus journeys. I’m sure the FA, the PL, and even Wembley, each have a thorough and wide-ranging Environmental Policy, written by expensive consultants, and displayed proudly in their boardrooms and on their websites.

All of which means **** all, when to follow the spirit of them would mean losing a solitary tenner.

In the current climate (in every sense) playing a game like this in London (more so in light of the train situation, but anyway) is completely unjustifiable.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No chance - not with the FA just announcing huge losses. Also I cannot understand fans clamoring over Villa Park. It is 50% of the capacity of Wembley. They'll be lucky to get 20k allocations each.

Also a big perk of 'Club Wembley' was tickets to FA Cup Semis / Finals included, so not sure how they'd fix that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
, there is the issue of the environmental cost of all those pointless car and bus journeys.

Liverpool flew back the 62 nautical miles from Forest on Sunday .... not sure environmental 'cost' exists in professional football

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Should never have played the semi finals in the first place.

But given the climate crisis it is bloody crazy to consider it now. Stick them at Old Trafford. It's the only logical answer. And commit to non Wembley future semi's now unless all London opponents.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Should never have played the semi finals in the first place.

But given the climate crisis it is bloody crazy to consider it now. Stick them at Old Trafford. It's the only logical answer. And commit to non Wembley future semi's now unless all London opponents.

The FA are skint, cannot really afford Wembley. And they tried to sell Wembley but that was blocked / shot down pretty quickly so they're a bit stuck. Hence the summer full of gigs (Ed Sheeran, Coldplay) etc

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just madness. No thought given to supporters.. If it is all about Wembley losing money could always pay them a % of gate money from the game played at Old Trafford. Just imagine Albion playing Southampton in Manchester.

el punal

Will it be moved?

Oh dear! Yes, you’re right for convenience sake the game should be played oop north at the Etihad or similar. Really though, having the game at Wembley is not as impossible for travel as some make out. I’ve done a bit of nerdy research and you can get from Manchester to London St.Pancras (via Sheffield) in just over 3 hours using mainly East Midlands Railway (EMR).

So, my northern friends, you do what we’ve been accustomed to over the last months and years with all the disruptions and engineering works we’ve endured when trying to watch our beloved Brighton. Plan ahead, improvise, look at different routes. Pain in the arse I admit but at least you’ll get from A to B in the end. :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here