Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Celebrate a special 25th anniversary with Steve Gritt

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
At the start of the year I put a thread on here asking if the club were doing anything to celebrate / commemorate twenty-five years of leaving The Goldstone.

I got in contact with the club, we discussed ideas and after hard work from Albion and a small group of fans, I'm really excited, (following the announcement in the programme Wednesday night) that on Friday 22 April (Southampton game weekend) the Amex will be hosting a dinner to Celebrate a special 25th anniversary with Steve Gritt as the guest of honour

The dinner, which will kick off a number of events to commemorate the 25-year anniversary of the club leaving the Goldstone Ground, will also involve a range of past players and icons who featured for the club in days gone by. As more names are confirmed, I will post, but there are some BIG names from across the clubs history coming.

The event will be hosted by AlbionTV's Richard Reynolds, and will include interviews with those present, as they recall memories of their time at the club.

Tickets for the dinner are priced at £45 per head or £450 for tables of ten and include a three-course meal. Drinks packages can also be purchased closer to the event.

More information can be found on the club website here https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...e-a-special-25th-anniversary-with-steve-gritt

Tickets can be purchased here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/25-yea...-at-the-goldstone-ground-tickets-292411329157

Any other questions / problems, let me know. This is a fan run event, with club backing. We have limited tickets in the Mayo Wyn Baxter lounge but are aiming to have a lot of club legends from across The Goldstone years present!

All money made will go to a charity close to the heart of the Albion.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Followed the link but couldn’t see a menu (might be me being a dunce)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What incredibly twatty replies. Thank you for organising this, I'll be booking shortly.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
What incredibly twatty replies. Thank you for organising this, I'll be booking shortly.

Thank you very much. I'm sure it will be a great evening. The club have been fantastic and I know a lot of ex-players will be there.

There is also going to be a shirt exhibition as well as a raffle / auction and Q&A.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You really do have a NOT so hidden agenda in everything you post :facepalm:

The relevant poster and I have swapped PMs to avoid unnecessary posts like your one (above) derailing this well intended thread. We clarified a couple of points, explained our challenges and went to bed happy!

For the record I have no hidden agenda, will try to establish the facts before posting and am kicking myself for wasting my time replying to posters who claim to support the club yet mis trust everything it does (usually when we are on a losing streak).

Ps - I rearranged the words in your post so hope I haven’t misunderstood your message

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Thanks for all those that have messaged asking for more details, and to those who have already purchased tickets!

If we could keep this thread on track, that would be great, thanks all!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can't go but it sounds excellent. Good work KSC!

If someone could hug/high five/fist bump Steve Gritt for me that would be ace! I'm sure he knows but he needs to be reminded that the wonder of the Amex and the Albion in the premier league wouldn't have happened without him. What a 6 months that was!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I can't go but it sounds excellent. Good work KSC!

If someone could hug/high five/fist bump Steve Gritt for me that would be ace! I'm sure he knows but he needs to be reminded that the wonder of the Amex and the Albion in the premier league wouldn't have happened without him. What a 6 months that was!

Thank you

A lot of ex-players, managers and legends have been invited now from across mostly the 70's,80's&90's. Thank you to those of you who have already purchased tickets.

The club is sending an email out today as well.

Reminder for the ticket link - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/25-yea...-at-the-goldstone-ground-tickets-292411329157

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks for all those that have messaged asking for more details, and to those who have already purchased tickets!

If we could keep this thread on track, that would be great, thanks all!

Tickets bought, really looking forward to this

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I promised names, and names you will get. Here are some extra confirmed guests for your Thursday morning!

Dean Wilkins , Steve Foster, Barry Lloyd, Paul Clark, John Bryne.

Tickets are selling quite fast (and expect that to increase now)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here