Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the season?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Cucurella was outstanding earlier on and is still putting in decent performances.

Will feel pretty hollow award though if as a team we limp to the end of the season now.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Right now it's Cucurella, but a few more goals from Neal Maupay and he should be the standout - the perception around him might hold him back though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Webster for me, by far now our best and most important player

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Burn (yes, really). Low expectations at the start of the season, but he really proved me wrong. Still the best and most consistent player IMO this season.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Would have voted Burn – just loved his attitude and energy even when people were saying he was a makeshift player only just about competent to cover for other defenders when they were unavailable.

I'll vote Cucurella as things stand. Head never goes down, always seems energised and enthused. If he had a shot on him he'd be a hell of a player.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Webster - his quality shines through whether he's in the side or out of it.

15th in terms of minutes played. He needs to come back and play all remaining games brilliantly for me to consider him. That said I am struggling to think of anyone better. Bissouma was nailed on for me at Christmas, but since it is clear he doesn't care anymore he wouldn't get my vote. Ditto Trossard. Maybe Dunk for me?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Eurgh. It's a hard one this season. Pre-Christmas, it could have been one of 5 or 6 but right now no one really stands out. Maybe Maupay. Whatever happens, he's up for it, he's trying, he's running his guts out every game and he may well end up on 10+ goals if we ever score again

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Veltman for me. He's probably our worse centre back, our worse full back, and definitely our worse wing back. However, he gives 110% and applies himself to whatever roll he's asked to do, and he's had to play in several. Player of the season isn't always about who is best for me, he gets it for being the best clubman in my opinion, cemented by his huge tackle and chest thumb to the away fans at Watford. The guy really cares. I'll take that for this season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Cucurella for me. Up until our current loss of form he was consistently one of the best players on the pitch every week. Selling Ben White was a loss, but I think our back 5 (with every one fit) with Cucurella and no White is stronger than it was with White and no Cucurella.

Burn has played well, but he also only played 13 games for us this season, so not even in the frame.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cucurella for me. Up until our current loss of form he was consistently one of the best players on the pitch every week. Selling Ben White was a loss, but I think our back 5 (with every one fit) with Cucurella and no White is stronger than it was with White and no Cucurella.

Burn has played well, but he also only played 13 games for us this season, so not even in the frame.

Good point. Even with all his injuries Webster has racked up 15 games to BDBs 13. For me it's between Cuc, Webster (if he plays the rest of the season well) and Maupay.

I'd be really pleased if Le Petit Shitehouse got it, as it would mean he's probably got a few more goals between now and the end of the season :wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I was thinking after the game yesterday, who would be our player of the season?

We're now 75% of the way through the season, and I can't think of any player that's been a standout.

Cucurella would probably end up as my choice.

Crikey, after six straight defeats is this a good time to be asking such a question?

But l reckon we should award it to the club cat, no one else deserves it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey, after six straight defeats is this a good time to be asking such a question?

But l reckon we should award it to the club cat, no one else deserves it.

Can't mate, we bought a new cat but immediately loaned it out to our Belgium chums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here