Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST Neighbours

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My son does. :lol:

Me and my neighbour are both lifers.
I find it hard to believe anyone in earshot leave the game in a positive frame of mind - at least we make each other laugh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My son does. :lol:

Me and my neighbour are both lifers.
I find it hard to believe anyone in earshot leave the game in a positive frame of mind - at least we make each other laugh.

Funniest thing my neighbour and very good friend said to me Saturday, after a lengthy negative tirade was 'lovely weather though'...which I did find hilarious. :lolol:

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I have someone new behind me this season, has nicknames for most of the players.... Taz, cucu, Tross etc....
running commentary to the entire game and shouts REALLY loudly at them, I'm sure they can't hear him but I bloody can!

I don't mind a bit of passion aimed at the team but being shouted at from behind from about 2 foot away when you don't know its coming gets a bit annoying!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had a lot of trouble with a rowdy, foul-mouthed group of young lads in the first season at the Amex, so much so that l rang the club and they agreed to move me.

I was relocated further along the West Lower to W1G, and l've been very lucky ever since, l get on really well with everyone seated around me.

Long may it continue.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Folks in front are really nice and will have a chat about last match and predictions for the current match and the like. On one side I have a lovely family who always have a chat, offer bag of sweets around etc. On the other side I have another family and the mum is really really moody. Get the impression she hates football and is just there make sure the young son is not being lead astray. She never acknowledges our presence and spends whole match on her phone on Facebook, Instagram etc. Really really hoping they move for next season.

All that said I can get a bit vocal and excitable during matches so dread to think of what others think.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
used to sit next to someone who liked to moan non stop

was a factor in decision to give up ST

turns out he gave up his at same time ....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Does anyone else sit next to someone that really gets on their nerves?

But she only gets on your nerves at the football? That's a result, my Mrs says that I manage to get on her nerves even when I'm asleep. :moo:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve not had anyone regular next to me for ages. The last regular occupant of the seat moaned constantly at Dale Stephens (shows how long ago it was) and even brought his son to one game where he briefed him before kick off about how bad Stephens was. I told the kid to take no notice and luckily Stephens had a great game. I think that might have been the last time I saw him!

The others around us are fairly quiet but we get on ok with the lady behind us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The people either side of me do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Generally been very lucky.

But when we gave up our WSU front row seats, a bonus was leaving behind a couple of retired school teachers sitting right behind us. Sussex-based northerners who only became Albion fans when the Amex was opened. The women was a relentless loud talker who knew jack-shit about football …. “calling policeman” every time an Albion player was fairly tackled.

At Withdean and WSU by coincidence we sat next to coppers …. great companions and Albion to the core.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's been so dire recently l imagine everyone in the North Stand remains seated now. :D

I’m in the NS.

At the Villa game I had a 6’6” bloke directly in front of me, standing the entire game and moving left to right forever blocking my view of the defeat (so not all bad).

Luckily just a Ticket Exchange punter, not there for ‘Pool.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I’m in the NS.

At the Villa game I had a 6’6” bloke directly in front of me, standing the entire game and moving left to right forever blocking my view of the defeat (so not all bad).

Luckily just a Ticket Exchange punter, not there for ‘Pool.
He sounds like the bloke who was right in front me at Southampton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here