Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Page Boro Match Announcer

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ex Radio One as well.

Remember him giving it large on the mic on the last day of the season up there in 2016, when the footballing gods conspired against us.

Turns out he’s a nonce, gets sentenced today.

I think they call it Karma.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What's more worrying is that he was a dj in the Philippines and on armed forces radio.
Sick tw@t.
Should be sent to the glass house at Colchester.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ex Radio One as well.

Remember him giving it large on the mic on the last day of the season up there in 2016, when the footballing gods conspired against us.

Turns out he’s a nonce, gets sentenced today.

I think they call it Karma.

Are we still allowed to use the word nonce?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
nonce
noun [ C ]
slang
uk
/nɒns/ us
/nɑːns/
a person who commits a crime involving sex, especially sex with a child

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/nonce

Can't see why we wouldn't be allowed to call him a nonce. Because he is!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-60677861

I would imagine he's going to make some spurious remark about the woke liberal lefty wokey pokeys cancelling it because it's offensive to pedo's.

Or something.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've worked in database development for 10 years now and I just had to look this up!

Blimey, I had no idea.

Of all the IT professions I would have thought you would have heard of it before. The child in me still giggles in meetings when our DBAs/Architects talk about passing the nonce.

The use of it in the context of this thread is so I'm led to believe a prison acronym....Not Of Normal Circular Exercise as the sex offenders weren't allowed to exercise with the "normal" prisoners.

I'm full of useless information today!! Still took 5 goes to get Wordle though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Of all the IT professions I would have thought you would have heard of it before. The child in me still giggles in meetings when our DBAs/Architects talk about passing the nonce.

The use of it in the context of this thread is so I'm led to believe a prison acronym....Not Of Normal Circular Exercise as the sex offenders weren't allowed to exercise with the "normal" prisoners.

Yeah I'm honestly a bit astounded I've never heard it used in that context before. Nobody I've ever interacted with has used it either!

I just asked one of my front-end / full stack friends and he said he'd heard it used before.

....I kinda want to throw it in to conversation at the next stand-up and see what the reaction is...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

I always thought it was the simpler and therefore more likely Not ON Communal Exercise? Pretty sure its not Normal or Circular..... but if I'm right, I'm sure you are otherwise still full of useless info!:lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I expect a lot of IT professionals on here will be using it quite regularly.

I've worked in IT for 20 years and only know of nonce as meaning a sex case bound for the register.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I always thought it was the simpler and therefore more likely Not ON Communal Exercise? Pretty sure its not Normal or Circular..... but if I'm right, I'm sure you are otherwise still full of useless info!:lolol:

Just googled and found the following

The acronym N.O.N.C.E. comes from HMP Wakefield at the turn of the century and was marked on the cell card of any prisoner who may have been in danger of violence from other prisoners – it means ‘Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise’. So that staff would not open their doors when other prisoners were out.

I bow down to your superior knowledge of prison slang.......where did you do your bird?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here