Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Petrol and diesel £2 per litre by the end of the year?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Couldn’t believe it is already well into the £1.50s. How far will it go? Only seems like yesterday when we went past £1.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
£1.69 per litre this morning... that's more than £7.50 a gallon! Crikey, I remember when the £1 a gallon threshold was a big deal. :nono:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am confused about all the petrol and utility bill price hikes.

Why are electricity costs impacted by oil and gas ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can we send Vladimir the bill please ? Take it out of seized assets.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
About time the government stepped in and helped those who will get hit hardest.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Why has my BT bill gone up 10%, looks like the water will be similar, I get the gas but it looks like everyone is hiking their bills up as they think they can get away with it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Why has my BT bill gone up 10%, looks like the water will be similar, I get the gas but it looks like everyone is hiking their bills up as they think they can get away with it.
To help cover the football contracts

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe in the future only people who need to drive will be able to do it while people who are just too lazy to walk, bike or take the bus/train will have to live without the luxuary.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I noticed in passing 1.77 for diesel in Woodingdean this afternoon. I didnt stop.
Might wish I had next week.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Rising energy costs will certainly elevate the fracking debate. We are sitting on trillions of pounds worth of gas. Opposition might waver when bills go up to the mid/high thousands.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wasn't that why we moved to litres at the pumps to give the impression that fuel wasn't that expensive
It will be as expensive as beer soon.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

a little bit of that but generally inflation. energy underpins the economy, enrgy price rises underpin inflation. oil prices not likely to come down until we change policies on oil/gas production in the short term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here