Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Newcastle v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: St. James' Park
Date: Saturday 5th March 2022
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Lee Mason
Additional VAR: Richard West

TEAM NEWS

Newcastle United's Allan Saint-Maximin is yet to resume full training, having missed two games with a calf injury.

Matt Ritchie will return to training next week, while Kieran Trippier and Callum Wilson remain out.

Brighton midfielder Adam Lallana could feature for the first time since 19 February after recovering from a thigh injury.

Jeremy Sarmiento is back in contention after 14 games out, but Enock Mwepu and Adam Webster remain unavailable.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Newcastle United have won only two of their last 17 matches against Brighton & Hove Albion in all competitions.
    [*=left]The Magpies are winless in all nine top-flight meetings, scoring just two goals in total.
    [*=left]Brighton are one of only two teams that Newcastle have faced in the top flight without winning, along with Millwall.
    [*=left]Newcastle have failed to score in a club record four top-flight home encounters with Brighton.
Newcastle

• [*=left]Newcastle and Liverpool are the only two teams with an unbeaten Premier League record in 2022.
    [*=left]The Magpies have conceded a league-low three goals this year.
    [*=left]Newcastle have taken 15 points from seven unbeaten league matches since Boxing Day. Based solely on results over that period, they would be seventh in the table.
    [*=left]It's their longest undefeated run in the top flight since a run of 14 without defeat in 2011.
    [*=left]However, Newcastle are winless in all 12 Premier League games this season versus teams in the top half of the table.
    [*=left]The Magpies can win three consecutive Premier League home fixtures for the first time since a run of five from January to March 2019.
    [*=left]Newcastle have dropped a league-high 21 points from winning positions this season.
    [*=left]Joe Willock has scored an unrivalled 10 goals for Newcastle since making his debut last February.
    [*=left]Eddie Howe won four of his six Premier League matches as Bournemouth manager against Brighton, his best record against any side other than his six victories against Everton.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have suffered three consecutive league defeats by an aggregate score of 0-7. They were beaten in just four of their opening 23 league games this season.
    [*=left]Albion can equal the club Premier League record of four consecutive defeats, set from March to April 2019. That streak included a 5-0 home defeat versus Eddie Howe's Bournemouth.
    [*=left]Brighton have conceded two or more goals in three consecutive league matches for the first time since November 2019.
    [*=left]They have shipped seven goals in their last three league fixtures, as many as they had in their previous eight.
    [*=left]All seven of Brighton's Premier League wins this season were against teams below them in the table.
    [*=left]Brighton can equal the club top-flight record for most away victories in a single campaign: five in 1981-82 and 2020-21.
    [*=left]The Seagulls' shot conversion rate of 7.7% is their lowest in any of their five Premier League campaigns to date.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay is level alongside Glenn Murray as Brighton's 26-goal leading Premier League scorer.

Graham Potter's Newcastle United Press Conference

[tweet]1500108913785638914[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1500108913785638914

Last edited:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Not feeling my mojo about this today, with the past weeks events football has dropped off my radar, however I hope the Albion can put their woes of the last few matches behind them and turn on the style, the last thing I want is Smug Eddie smarming his way through his post match interview about a Newcastle win. Lawro has us down to lose 2-0 so that is a good sign, come on Brighton, put on a decent show and cheer us all up!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not at all confident about this and with what’s going on in Ukraine, I don’t care that much at the moment. This may change come 1500, hope so

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited.

Spender land my favourite detective, will be joining the Groovy Gang at York later

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't care much about the football today while innocent civilians are being murdered in Ukraine........ and the West
stands by and just watches.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, they'll certainly know all about us, won't they?

Cue Potter playing a 1-8-1 with Lamptey up top.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Glad to have a game today to take my mind off all that is going on . It will do that , whatever the result.
I will be tuning in to Warren at Radio Sussex more in hope than expectation. Truth is, we know we can do much better than we have shown in the last couple of games. Let’s hope the players have got their mojo back, Mr P has got the tactics right and referee treats us fairly.... Then we will be alright :albion2:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Would be great to score some goals today - and have a decent exciting game. No idea on the result, pretty even match up.

Just hope we keep it looose. UTA [emoji95]

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My first trip there since 79! Anyone know how many we are taking? Fewer than the 10,000 we took that glorious May day, I suspect.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not feeling it today. Forgotten all about football in the last week. I think we'll lose comfortably and I'll end up despising Newcastle even more.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Head-to-head

• [*=left]Newcastle United have won only two of their last 17 matches against Brighton & Hove Albion in all competitions.
    [*=left]The Magpies are winless in all nine top-flight meetings, scoring just two goals in total.
    [*=left]Brighton are one of only two teams that Newcastle have faced in the top flight without winning, along with Millwall.
    [*=left]Newcastle have failed to score in a club record four top-flight home encounters with Brighton.

That's us f**ked.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be interesting... they are strong right now.

The result will be what it will be but I hope the performance is better than in recent weeks.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
High on confidence mostly fully fit with new signings v Low on confidence, injuries, and transfer out of a key player

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
High on confidence mostly fully fit with new signings v Low on confidence, injuries, and transfer out of a key player

Not sure I agree.

Well, Newcastle have Trippier. Saint Max and Wilson out. So they're hardly at full strength.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure I agree.

Well, Newcastle have Trippier. Saint Max and Wilson out. So they're hardly at full strength.

Saint Max could well be back today - having a fitness test. Not sure if Wilson, Max & Wood would play together? Yep, okay Trippier is a big miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here