Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 3 Year Banning Order

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A Middlesbrough fan has just received a 3 year banning order for calling Derby fans sheep shaggers.
The Magistrate said that given the history between the clubs this could have started a riot.

Seems a tad harsh to me but may explain why everyone is silent during games

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
History between Derby and Boro?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do Derby have a history of this?

Seems strange when he could, with some legitimacy, have levelled the same criticim against both Cardiff and Swamsea.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Seems strange when he could, with some legitimacy, have levelled the same criticim against both Cardiff and Swamsea.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] illustrating why his promising career as a defence barrister was short-lived

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Understandable.

I think, unless you're a sheep shagger yourself you're in no place to tell others how to feel about being called a sheep shagger. For years sheep shaggers have been insulted, ridiculed and made to feel like outsiders. But rulings like this will help us move forward as a society.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

Yes, Derby are known as that. I won’t say the word in case a banning order comes my way.

Seriously what an over the top response and what a waste of police and court time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
absolutely stark raving bonkers.

My wife's mother (American) who was friends with someone on the Derby board mentioned I supported Brighton, when they were chatting and he got me four tickets for Albion v Derby.....
In the Derby end..... !!

So I took three friends, on a Tuesday evening we won 2-0 i think, the whole game we were stood at the back and they had an inflatable sheep and were using it like a beach ball, whilst singing Sheep Shag Army.....

I think they sussed we were not Derby fans, by the end, buy were ok, I felt dirty and weird afterwards watching the Albion win in the away end at home.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think it’s little more than an allusion to the Derby club badge :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'Ms Willis said the officer spoke to Briggs during the incident on February 12 and he admitted to having a big of cannabis in his pocket, alongside a grinder.'

Probably didn't help his cause :dunce:

el punal

A Middlesbrough fan has just received a 3 year banning order for calling Derby fans sheep shaggers.
The Magistrate said that given the history between the clubs this could have started a riot.

I thought that the “history” was all about Derby taking advantage of the financial irregularities, that they were later given a points deduction, at the expense of Middlesbrough and Wycombe’s League position. I think Boro missed out on a playoff place and Wycombe were relegated as a consequence.

The naughty boy in question probably was doing a bit more than calling Derby fans sheep shaggers. That in itself is a bit rich as Derby are known as the Rams - who else are they going shag if not sheep?

This incident took place in the street so your comment about being silent during games is off beam I’m afraid - unless of course you watched the Albion struggle against Burnley and Villa, then it would have been muffled cursing under one’s breath.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sauce (mint) ?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Seems a tad harsh to me

Yes.

He's been fleeced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here