Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As I pointed out, the nuclear threat was always going to be riser by Putin. That’s not Truss’s doing.

However, stating on television that she supports ordinary Brits going over there to take up arms against the Russians is so clangingly irresponsible and that is what plays into Putin’s hands.

I don’t think any other European ministers are saying this sort of thing. Are they?

She was incorrect and irresponsible. We simply can’t have this right now.
She is just far too stupid to be involved in this.

Im not necessarily anti-Tory. I am anti stupid.

Latvia have said their citizens are free

Most countries are openly saying how many many anti-tank missiles they're sending Ukraine! EU and Germany have changed their rules to send arms.

They've picked Truss as the fall guy because she fits the profile, if it wasn't her they'd pick another reason.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Latvia have said their citizens are free

Most countries are openly saying how many many anti-tank missiles they're sending Ukraine! EU and Germany have changed their rules to send arms.

They've picked Truss as the fall guy because she fits the profile, if it wasn't her they'd pick another reason.

It’s not illegal to provide aid and arms to an embattled country.

But I see your point. Perhaps they just don’t like Truss. She is hard to warm to.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Don't understand how any of what I have said is sexist or racist . Just saying a view that she is out of her depth in my opinion.

His comments are either frivolous or display a terminal ignorance of the necessity for political skills on the international stage.

Either way, although they are sometimes entertaining, they are generally trivial and hardly worth reading, let alone acknowledging

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think it is important to highlight the intolerance of the far left.
Not sure about @ing certain posters though, thought the prefects had called a stop to all that?

What intolerances are you referring to specifically? Do you have examples of the sexism and racism you allege to have seen on this thread? Bearing in mind you previously had a lengthy ban for false accusations.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It’s not illegal to provide aid and arms to an embattled country.

But I see your point. Perhaps they just don’t like Truss. She is hard to warm to.

Ultimately they know she's weak thus an easy target. I don't particularly rate her but this is the wrong stick to beat her with.

People talking about sabre rattling - we're dealing with a country that only understands sabre rattling. Look where diplomacy got Macron, they lied and lied to his face then invaded anyway.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
What the hell is sexiest abuse [emoji38]

It’s abuse that’s even sexier than sexy abuse. The throbbing, glistening pinnacle of sexy abuse, if you will. (And if you won’t I shan’t blame you)

While I agree wholeheartedly that Liz Truss is out of her depth as foreign secretary, I’m actually happy that the Kremlin are so desperate to try and sow discord that they’ve adopted such transparent tactics as finger-pointing at individuals. It means they’re losing, and they recognise that they’re losing.

I think it’s dawning on the Kremlin that they’ve united a lot of quite disparate nations who until recently were all a bit annoyed with each other. Their actions have undone a couple of decades of gently trying to weaken the bonds between Western nations through discourse infiltration, and economic and political channels.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ultimately they know she's weak thus an easy target. I don't particularly rate her but this is the wrong stick to beat her with.

People talking about sabre rattling - we're dealing with a country that only understands sabre rattling. Look where diplomacy got Macron, they lied and lied to his face then invaded anyway.

I agree the nuclear thing is not down to her. That’s Putin through and through. However I don’t think she should be anywhere near this.

Apart from being antagonistic, encouraging untrained civilians to join the battle in Ukraine is troublesome. Apart from being illegal, if they were to go they would almost certainly cost lives as trained soldiers and medics risk themselves to look after them.

And that goes for any minister form any country setting up a league of volunteers or encouraging civilians to travel to Ukraine and get stuck in. Most wouldn’t last a day.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree the nuclear thing is not down to her. That’s Putin through and through. However I don’t think she should be anywhere near this.

Apart from being antagonistic, encouraging untrained civilians to join the battle in Ukraine is troublesome. Apart from being illegal, if they were to go they would almost certainly cost lives as trained soldiers and medics risk themselves to look after them.

And that goes for any minister form any country setting up a league of volunteers or encouraging civilians to travel to Ukraine and get stuck in. Most wouldn’t last a day.

Agreed. She obviously doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut.

One thing I would say about Brits going out there, British army has cut numbers in recent years so there must be a fair number of ex-squaddies with combat experience.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Just thought - the Footy Lads Alliance and those that were bravely guarding statues are presumably signing up to get involved

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just thought - the Footy Lads Alliance and those that were bravely guarding statues are presumably signing up to get involved

Any proof Putin is an Islamic paedo?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I think it is important to highlight the intolerance of the far left.
Not sure about @ing certain posters though, thought the prefects had called a stop to all that?

No one takes you seriously as you think the hard left starts at Rory Stewart. It's fine defending Liz Truss, but you need to actually come up some examples of what she has done well during the current crisis. I notice you are studiously ignoring requests to do that in favour of throwing around insults. I imagine the many fine conservatives on here find you hugely embarrassing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No they don't!!

All the pussyfooting around putin is what got us here in the first place.

That's not what I said. You take a policy stance and stick to it. You don't need language like 'Putin has gone full Tonto" or off-the-cuff unapproved and ill-thought through remarks about Brits going to Ukraine to fight. (see comments from Dominic Grieve today).

This is a grave situation and it needs to be treated as such.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What an astonishing failure by the Kremlin.

Trying to convince people that Truss is out of her depth? They’ll be telling us that water is wet next!

In truth, they are delighted that she is in that role, the millions of roubles they put into getting her there have not been wasted. However, there appear to be plenty of other competent politicians and leaders in NATO, they’ve typically gone for the low hanging fruit.

Vlad - we know she is useless, we also know that you are approaching anti-Christ level shithousery. The EU and the US are taking the lead on the West’s fight against Russia, she is largely irrelevant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liz Truss seems to think being Foreign Minister is travelling around with her own personal photographer posing for selfies. She didn’t even know when to stop talking so the translator could speak, and had no idea of which territories were which.
The Russians took the mickey out of her. It’s embarrassing.
PS I’m not sexist!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
She is probably the thickest politicians from any party I have ever seen. A ****ing terrible liar too.

Now I'm not going to name names, but she has some serious competition from all parties.

Can we save someone the job of putting together a World Cup style tournament of polls to find the thickest by just skipping to the final?

Truss vs Dorries - a titanic clash for the ages.

Then we toss the winner into a pit with a hungry honey badger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here