Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Should Abramovich be thrown out of football

Should Abramovich be thrown out of English football ?

• Yes

Votes: 141 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 57 28.8%

• Total voters

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'd like it if they did. Can they throw dirty Saudi money out too while they're at it?

Moving the Champions League final from St Petersburg would be a positive move too. Something tells me that UEFA prefers Gazprom's money to moral arguments though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why stop there.....lets get rid of Vodka, those little dolls that live inside one another (never liked them!), the meerkats that peddle insurance at us every ad break.

I've already ripped my Sergey Gotsmanov poster down....that'll show em!

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Move the champions league final and exclude Russia from all international sports competition and none of this crap about russians competing under the olympic flag and the like. Exclude them all.

As regards sanctions, Johnson limp wristed approach is the same as his approach to the pandemic. Too little too late.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Why stop there.....lets get rid of Vodka, those little dolls that live inside one another (never liked them!), the meerkats that peddle insurance at us every ad break.

I've already ripped my Sergey Gotsmanov posted down....that'll show em!

Are you saying that Sergei Gotsmanov launders money for the Russian Government ? If so then I am pleased that poster has come down.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Nothing to do with the invasion of Ukraine, would just like to see Chelsea lose their magic money tree. :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
x-1.jpg
What could Russia possibly offer to the benefit of football??

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Move the champions league final and exclude Russia from all international sports competition and none of this crap about russians competing under the olympic flag and the like. Exclude them all.

As regards sanctions, Johnson limp wristed approach is the same as his approach to the pandemic. Too little too late.

What imho would be far better, if affected countries can be compensated for revenue losses........ Is to put pressure on countries with high density Russian tourism to ban Russian citizens from travelling because of the actions of their government.

Egypt, Thailand, Cyprus, Canaries etc, where Russian mass tourism goes, put pressure and twist arms on those nations to stop them

Cut off the middle classes and wealthier russians from travel because of Putin and thats more likely to strike discontent into the masses who actually do have the collective power to remove him.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Are you saying that Sergei Gotsmanov launders money for the Russian Government ? If so then I am pleased that poster has come down.

They should certainly investigate the Estate agents selling multi million pound properties in London to Russian oligarths.

Some serious missing of due diligence occurring methinks!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What imho would be far better, if affected countries can be compensated for revenue losses........ Is to put pressure on countries with high density Russian tourism to ban Russian citizens from travelling because of the actions of their government.

Egypt, Thailand, Cyprus, Canaries etc, where Russian mass tourism goes, put pressure and twist arms on those nations to stop them

Cut off the middle classes and wealthier russians from travel because of Putin and thats more likely to strike discontent into the masses who actually do have the collective power to remove him.

Not via an election, they are totally rigged.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Cyprus - good luck! Russians basically run the place. I had a customer who ran a business across Europe from his Cyprus ‘offices’ - he used to occasionally hire some of our staff and relocate them & their families out there to

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wolves owned by the Chinese ..let’s boot them out ..oh and etc etc

Right now I’d be talking more about the potential for The Champions League Final being shifted rather than any owner :shrug:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I've already ripped my Sergey Gotsmanov poster down....that'll show em!
Gotsmanov is Belarusian.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Cyprus - good luck! Russians basically run the place. I had a customer who ran a business across Europe from his Cyprus ‘offices’ - he used to occasionally hire some of our staff and relocate them & their families out there to

Cyprus advertise giving an EU passport and citizenship if you purchase a property there to the value of Eur 2m or more. I wonder who that is aimed at?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here