Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Villa

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can’t wait. My first live game since the 2-0 loss to Everton, think it was.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Can’t wait. My first live game since the 2-0 loss to Everton, think it was.

A long time ago ….

EADA7DF9-43BA-4B9A-B7C4-FA93E9B9DA83.jpeg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not sure if it's a sock boy legacy or that the fans are a bunch of twunts, or that they sound like they have the combined IQ of a peanut, a shelled one, but I hate Villa.

There, got it out of my system. For a couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Biggest spenders in Europe over the last 3 seasons, fortunately they have squandered most of it :lol:

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/premier-league/2021/08/05/610bc633e2704e14338b45d3.html

Jesus, they have spent big, even with the sock boy money in the bank. Find a replacement for the inconsistent but plays every week Mings and they’d be a strong side.

You could argue that scrapping into 17th and then finishing 11th last season is pretty good progress, similar to another team’s development who have spent far less!

Next week’s fixture is starting to look quite important. They are only 6 points behind us and have a game in hand.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Back for this one. First time at the Amex since Man City beat us to win the league. I hope we shake off the Burnley performance and come out fighting.#Harts Shirt, #BHAFC99, are you going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It’s a good chance to catch Villa on the downturn. Plenty of their fickle fans are already saying Gerrard out, he’s a chancer, wrong appointment, why did we let Smith go? Mings, Watkins, Luiz, Ings, McGinn, even Buendia not good enough.

It’s hilarious and unbelievable and the same time really but hopefully we can take advantage on Saturday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s a good chance to catch Villa on the downturn. Plenty of their fickle fans are already saying Gerrard out, he’s a chancer, wrong appointment, why did we let Smith go? Mings, Watkins, Luiz, Ings, McGinn, even Buendia not good enough.

It’s hilarious and unbelievable and the same time really but hopefully we can take advantage on Saturday.

You say Villa are on the downturn . . . may l remind you that we have lost the last two as well? :smile:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This was always going to be a popular one, my Villa supporting relative says expect a fair few Villa fans in home sections. They sold out weeks ago and could have sold 3 or 4 times their allocation. Villa are always one of the loudest away support which is why they have their famous chant, we need our support to be at its best next week.

Last edited:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
This was always going to be q popular one, my Villa supporting relative says expect a fair fe Villa fans in home sections. They sold out weeks ago and could have sold 3 or 4 times their allocation. Villa are always one of the loudest away support which is why they have their famous chant, we need our support to be at its best next weekm
lets see if they have the bottle to get in the North Stand.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
This was always going to be a popular one, my Villa supporting relative says expect a fair few Villa fans in home sections. They sold out weeks ago and could have sold 3 or 4 times their allocation. Villa are always one of the loudest away support which is why they have their famous chant, we need our support to be at its best next week.

The only famous song they are linked with is S***on the Villa. Would be good to get that one going next week!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Jesus, they have spent big, even with the sock boy money in the bank. Find a replacement for the inconsistent but plays every week Mings and they’d be a strong side.

You could argue that scrapping into 17th and then finishing 11th last season is pretty good progress, similar to another team’s development who have spent far less!

Next week’s fixture is starting to look quite important. They are only 6 points behind us and have a game in hand.

With luck like theirs they're bound to go on making progress - remember that last season they should have been in the Championship trying to get back to the PL - they're only in the PL, not because they scrapped into 17th. place, but because of some idiot (hopefully sacked) who forgot to switch on goal-line technology!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here