Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn to Saudi FC

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think his sale cost us a place in Europe. But all things considered, we really can't complain....

Or maybe it was the injuries to Dunk and Webster that cost us? We could have turned the money down and had an injury to Burn too, and been no better off. I think it was right to take the money, I believe he would have been a free agent this summer, and the fee we got was decent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, it turned out alright in the end. I quite liked it that we were prepared to let him go to play for the club of his boyhood dreams, but at the time (and even more so in the difficult weeks after he left) I'd have liked us to have pushed the price up a bit more - not because of transfermarket value, or BDB's level of ability, or because he is a £20M player (he isn't), but simply because Newcastle were
a). desperate, and
b). awash with money.
Still, perhaps the 13 point something million was the point where they would have waliked away if the deal hadn't been agreed - who knows? I wonder if they'll spend a fortune getting an upgrade on him this summer, and what his playing future will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here