Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex Uni Parking

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What has changed for the last two matches? Both games we have been in long queues coming down Coldean Lane then queues for ages to get into the car park. Seems to be as a result of the scanning of the tickets? Can’t be worth enough to block public highways the way it is. The steward doing ours took 4 goes to get it to work which presumably doesn’t help. Needs a rethink me thinks.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What has changed for the last two matches? Both games we have been in long queues coming down Coldean Lane then queues for ages to get into the car park. Seems to be as a result of the scanning of the tickets? Can’t be worth enough to block public highways the way it is. The steward doing ours took 4 goes to get it to work which presumably doesn’t help. Needs a rethink me thinks.

Been selling and filling additional multi story car park at the back of the Uni took us 45min to get out tonight

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Before the Brentford game I could drive from home to the Bridge in 30 mins. Tonight it took over an hour. Is it too much to expect club and police to sort the traffic on match days?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Before the Brentford game I could drive from home to the Bridge in 30 mins. Tonight it took over an hour. Is it too much to expect club and police to sort the traffic on match days?

I’m sure they’d welcome your suggestions on Friday evening traffic management

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and the queue for the university impacts The Bridge too.

Easy drive over from Worthing until we got halfway down Coldean Lane and then it took a very long time to get to the point we were clear of the university car park queue to reach The Bridge.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
...and the queue for the university impacts The Bridge too.

Easy drive over from Worthing until we got halfway down Coldean Lane and then it took a very long time to get to the point we were clear of the university car park queue to reach The Bridge.

Same experience as yourself apart from the queue being at the top of Coldean Lane separately I’d say that was the worst of the season in exiting the Bridge and I don’t blame the staff …traffic cops overriding the lights the other side of the tunnel may have been helpful

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same experience as yourself…..separately I’d say that was the worst of the season in exiting the Bridge and I don’t blame the staff …traffic cops overriding the lights the other side of the tunnel may have been helpful

Yeah, we were in the row just above the entrance/exit and I don't think we moved for 45 minutes, maybe more. I can only guess that fewer people than usual left early tongiht which meant a bigger group all trying to get away at the same time after the game.

(Related: In case he reads this: thanks to the chap in the yellow VW electric vehicle for letting me into the queue. Having sat there as long as me, he could easily have shunted forward and kept me out.)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
First time tonight we had uni parking, arrived fairly early, just after 1830 and queued, got half way up and showed phone ticket to steward who said car park was full (multi story) so told to head for car park one, actually parked in a car park we think we weren't supposed to up by the exit, and managed to get onto the A27 after the game at 1030.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What I will say is it’s still a lot easier to get out of than Bridge Car Park. But getting into is like Fort Knox!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’ve got a permit to park in Sussex campus though work and usually park round near the multi storey for most matches. Never seen such a long queue to get off campus or had such a long wait before. Usually near the campus exit there are stewards acting as human traffic lights to ensure it flows but didn’t see them last night so it was just a free for all.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
First time tonight we had uni parking, arrived fairly early, just after 1830 and queued, got half way up and showed phone ticket to steward who said car park was full (multi story) so told to head for car park one, actually parked in a car park we think we weren't supposed to up by the exit, and managed to get onto the A27 after the game at 1030.

My nephew has a permit to park at Sussex Uni as he is a student there, so we decided to use it for football for the first time. We got turned away from a car park his Uni said he can park at then got told to go to a different carpark, when we got there we were told to go to Car Park 1 ( the original car park we tried). We parked there, but I thought I would then check with the stewards again (as everyone we had spoken to up to that point didn't sound convincing to me) the women we spoke to said we have to park in the multi story car park where some Brighton fans had paid to park aswell.

It was a shambles as everyone was saying different thing. My nephew is convinced the first car park is for the Uni and he is having a word with them Monday or Tuesday. If he is right then we will park there regardless of what the stewards say has he will have a screenshot of it.

Its been 10 years, the Steward should at the very least have no doubt what car Parks can be used for football and which can be used for uni.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Practically everybody on the 25 bus I was on bailed out by the signs to The Keep. This was about 6.45pm. Traffic just wasn't moving. At that rate of progress, if we'd stayed on til Sports Hall, we'd have been hard pushed to make it into the ground for kick-off time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I may have missed something but isn't parking available only at the Bridge? I used to have a season ticket at car park C (the uni) but could not renew it (discussed ad nauseam, passim). Since then the only avalable parking I have been told about has been at the Bridge. And had a very kind person on NSC not helped me out enormously earlier on I'd not have been able to attend as it kept selling out before I knew tickets were on sale. In the last couple of months someone always posts when tickets are available for parking - at the Bridge. But people on this thread are talking about 'uni' parking. Sorry if I'm being a techno-twit old fool, but what am I missing here?

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Parking in the Uni was the worst I've ever seen it last night. Took the best part of an hour to get from Coldean Lane to a spot. One of the girls on the scanners at the Stanmer entrance said they were having massive problems with the ticket readers not working, I don't think the staff doing that had any idea that the queue they were causing was backed up all the way up Coldean Lane and onto the A27 back towards Patcham.

Once we got through that, we drove round to the top largest car park, where they were turning all traffic round as apparently it was full. We ignored her and drove in to find hundreds of spaces left, I don't know if she misheard a message over the walkie talkie from one of the lower car parks and thought it was her car park full or something, but I've no idea where everyone being turned around actually ended up parked. Complete chaos.

What's changed? It never used to be like this, even earlier this season after we lost Bennett's Field.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I may have missed something but isn't parking available only at the Bridge? I used to have a season ticket at car park C (the uni) but could not renew it (discussed ad nauseam, passim). Since then the only avalable parking I have been told about has been at the Bridge. And had a very kind person on NSC not helped me out enormously earlier on I'd not have been able to attend as it kept selling out before I knew tickets were on sale. In the last couple of months someone always posts when tickets are available for parking - at the Bridge. But people on this thread are talking about 'uni' parking. Sorry if I'm being a techno-twit old fool, but what am I missing here?

A few days ago parking opened up again for the Palace and Chelsea matches. On the parking webpage it said Bridge but inside it was actually for Uni car park 7, which is a multistory towards the back. I used it last night and it was easy getting in just after 6pm, but took an age to get out again at the end. Still, better than queuing in the cold for the train.

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Took us about 45 minutes to get from the Ditchling Road/Coldean Lane turnoff from the Beacon down to the traffic lights onto Lewes Road, why is this suddenly happening? Barely a problem there in the first 10 years at the Amex :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here