Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ‘Security’ at the Amex?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There’s nothing deadlier than an OAP taking a flask into the West Stand as we’ve known since Goldstone days. As the garden of remembrance opposite Dicks filled up with casualties from, it was inevitable they along with the deadlier bottle top and tartan blankets would be banned.

How then, when we play Palace, every season, it’s a given that smoke bombs and flares will be thrown from the away mob? That even , infamously now, hundreds of their fans didn’t even pay to get in. That they can bring big flags and sticks in against stated rules for this match? Or did they get special dispensation as well as a special train? What are the club doing about it? Not as if they’ve not got any form to go by. Are we supposed to think security could stop a terrorist incident when they can’t prevent what’s utterly predictable? Or maybe the Holmsdale massive are terrifying and Sussex Police/Amex Security turn a blind eye? Not forgetting the fan on the pitch when they scored.

BBC commentary also reported trouble up in the West Stand when Palace scored. What was that about? 5th columnists sussed out?

As ever, your thoughts ladies and gents after a match full of talking points.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Strangely, I wasn't searched going into the ground - the first time this season. Nor was anyone else by the looks of it. It seems a strange match to ease up on the security but no harm came of it - it would have been terrible if someone sneaked in a bottle top.

I wish I'd brought in my hip flask though ... if only I'd known that I'd get a clear run

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
It was always about revenue protection despite the rhetoric. Palace don't punish their fans our board can't wait to punish ours.
Brighton fans are easy targets with the constant threat of bans. Away fans are too difficult.
It will always be the same whilst Barber is here and Adrian Morris (Manchester United fan) is head of security.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
There’s nothing deadlier than an OAP taking a flask into the West Stand as we’ve known since Goldstone days. As the garden of remembrance opposite Dicks filled up with casualties from, it was inevitable they along with the deadlier bottle top and tartan blankets would be banned.

How then, when we play Palace, every season, it’s a given that smoke bombs and flares will be thrown from the away mob? That even , infamously now, hundreds of their fans didn’t even pay to get in. That they can bring big flags and sticks in against stated rules for this match? Or did they get special dispensation as well as a special train? What are the club doing about it? Not as if they’ve not got any form to go by. Are we supposed to think security could stop a terrorist incident when they can’t prevent what’s utterly predictable? Or maybe the Holmsdale massive are terrifying and Sussex Police/Amex Security turn a blind eye? Not forgetting the fan on the pitch when they scored.

BBC commentary also reported trouble up in the West Stand when Palace scored. What was that about? 5th columnists sussed out?

As ever, your thoughts ladies and gents after a match full of talking points.

It was the west lower. Looks like a ST had given his palace mate his ticket and he got a bit excited when they scored.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pretty sure flares were thrown by our fans at Selhurst as well as pitch encroachments. It's no different.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
That Brighton fan muppet that ran from the East stand infront of their fans is probably pissed off. Running infront of their fans taunting them only to get the goal disallowed.

Then when they scored, one of their fans ran on the pitch and in front of the East, only to evade the stewards and dive back into their fans.

There was trouble in the SW corner, all kicked off when we scored the disallowed goal, their fans crossed the covered seats and the old bill came in.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'm pretty damn sure there was smoke coming from the NS when we scored! I'm not a fan as at the Feb 19 Palace game (last b4 lockdown) I was saying how tragic they are for doing it and now we're doing it!!
I'm not saying anything about bottle tops as I may incriminate a family member, however I was Covid checked & had a wand waved at me. It was a good night! :D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm pretty damn sure there was smoke coming from the NS when we scored! I'm not a fan as at the Feb 19 Palace game (last b4 lockdown) I was saying how tragic they are for doing it and now we're doing it!!
I'm not saying anything about bottle tops as I may incriminate a family member, however I was Covid checked & had a wand waved at me. It was a good night! :D

There was a blue flare from the NS. You could see it on tv.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All the stewards seem to go all jumpy and crazy for the Palace match. Huge queues trying to get into the East stand before kick off and one of them turned out to not be a queue that went anywhere. People were queuing for 15 minutes to get to the front to be told to go back and join a different queue!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was searched, but I was wearing a black jumper so probably looked quite menacing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All the stewards seem to go all jumpy and crazy for the Palace match. Huge queues trying to get into the East stand before kick off and one of them turned out to not be a queue that went anywhere. People were queuing for 15 minutes to get to the front to be told to go back and join a different queue!

Won't have that problem at Lancing tomorrow :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Hasn’t that happened all season, when there’s been a genuinely large attendance?

En route to the NS, we see vast, slow moving ES queues.

Then we waltz into the NS, every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here