Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] PPE contracts

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I get the feeling this might be the one that eventually pops out a little nugget that causes that VIP lane issue to become a really powerful attack line for Labour. Slow burner, but suspect the Guardian will be like a dog with a bone now they've found a leak. Feels a bit like someone who knows "enough" (or come into possession of "enough") has grown a conscience. If that's the case, the first leak should give them a taster and they may want to have another nibble soon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Vile. As I know someone who was working centrally in the NHS trying to procure PPE and the challenges they had, horrible that this was the result of the government being involved in the countries hour of need

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mmmm it’s now the 6th January surely there must be some Cummings leaks soon….

I bet you were hoping this thread would drop down the board after that contribution. Even [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] has made more eloquent defences of Johnson's misdemeanours :wink:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rumour has it that Bozza has tendered for a PPE contract to make up for the loss of income since Mustafa left NSC.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Rumour has it that Bozza has tendered for a PPE contract to make up for the loss of income since Mustafa left NSC.

I thought he let him back under a pseudonym but Mustafa ****ed up by outing himself almost immediately (either that, or GB didn’t get the memo in Mod Towers) :lolol::lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The lack of media outrage over the PPE contracts bemuses me. It seems like worse corruption to me than the expenses scandal.

Always thought the expenses scandal was a storm of a teacup, but this is in another league.

It should be the front pages day after day, hundreds of millions involved.

Just imagine if a Labour government presided over this?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Little old ladies in Wigan couldn't give a shit about Tories giving contracts to their mates and scamming millions to their mates. They love Boris Johnson coz he's thick as shite like them so they vote for him because they think they are equals.

I am past caring on all the sleazy stuff. People get what they deserve by voting for these people.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Little old ladies in Wigan couldn't give a shit about Tories giving contracts to their mates and scamming millions to their mates. They love Boris Johnson coz he's thick as shite like them so they vote for him because they think they are equals.

I am past caring on all the sleazy stuff. People get what they deserve by voting for these people.

I quite agree, but why should the rest of us suffer because of them? The idiotic minority ruin everything for the majority, as usual.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The lack of media outrage over the PPE contracts bemuses me. It seems like worse corruption to me than the expenses scandal.

A very large majority of the UK media needed to stop congratulating themselves on a job well done for helping Johnson get elected first and by the time some of them actually started doing their job it was already too late.

And I suspect they now find that a bit embarrassing.

And I guess to support your point, the numbers involved here make the expenses scandal look qaint.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I quite agree, but why should the rest of us suffer because of them? The idiotic minority ruin everything for the majority, as usual.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but half the British electorate are more stupid than the average person :wink:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I've met and dealt with Doug Barrowman personally... This doesn't surprise me.

I’ve had dealings with people who learnt their trade under him, and were directors of (now dissolved) companies in his group. Cannot wait for HMRC to come knocking at their door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here