Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we please all pronounce Mac Allister as Mac Al eeeesta!

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
He's our South American supremo and in homage to that (and coz its funny and sounds better) Lets call him Alexis Mac Al Eeeeeeesta!

yeah? :D

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
giphy.gif

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
'Allo 'Allo - someone seems to have been brought up on 1980s comedies, where it was funny to laugh at foreigners and to mis-pronounce people's names.

Suggestions on how to pronounce Mwepu, Bissouma, Maupay, Trossard , Moder (and plenty of others) to follow, I presume?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I bet you are fun at parties.

'Allo 'Allo - someone seems to have been brought up on 1980s comedies, where it was funny to laugh at foreigners and to mis-pronounce people's names.

Suggestions on how to pronounce Mwepu, Bissouma, Maupay, Trossard , Moder (and plenty of others) to follow, I presume?

Maybe those are the sort of parties the OP attends! :lol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Although technically the most famous example of that was a character mis-pronouncing English...

Good moaning.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd always (erroneously) assumed it was pronounced Raymond Luxury Yacht.

In vaguely unrelated news, it does do my head in when people on here ( [MENTION=26595]mothy[/MENTION] yesterday I think it was) use 'face' in a post when 'boat' could be substituted. Rhyming slang is there to be used, not ignored surely?

???

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012

Oh Jeez.. I woke up the woke brigade!

what a humourless virtue signalling ********* you are,

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Depends, if Welbeck is playing then rule of Z applies

IF Duffy and Dunk are playing then rule of Y

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Mac Al Eeeeeeesta would be more accurate than going for a British pronunciation. I'm sure his countrymen call him something like Mac Al Eeestairr

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Oh Jeez.. I woke up the woke brigade!

what a humourless virtue signalling ********* you are,

Thanks for the humour-filled feedback :thumbsup:

First time I have ever been called / accused of 'virtue signalling' (whatever that is supposed to mean) - but almost certainly not the first time I have been called a *********

Still, I guess this is a bit like Wordle - do I have to guess how many vowels are in that particular word?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I have also seen him mentioned as the Sussex Messi on Twitter and also as the South Coast Messi by Naylor in The Athletic.

Out of the two I prefer ''The Sussex Messi".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is why we can’t have nice things

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here