Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Not many new or weird things, but a few people might have missed:

- Uncut Gems: Adam Sandler doing very un-Adam Sandler things, tense as hell

- Adam Sandler 100% Fresh: Adam Sandler stand up - please, please watch this, even if you don't like his movies it's the funniest stand up special on Netflix, superbly edited as well

- The Spy: Sacha Baron Cohen Israeli spy drama

- The Last Dance: Michael Jordan career documentary

- Unorthodox: amazing drama about the New York hasidic jewish community

- Inside Bill's Brain: three episode series about Bill Gates, fascinating

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Suburra isn’t bad for those of us needing a Gomorrah-eque fix. Same team behind it, top quality production etc.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We are watching The Tourist on Iplayer. Not Netflix but it’s excellent so worth a recommendation anyway.

I watched the first episode last night and it was a lot better than I thought it would be, I liked the humour in it and good to see the guy from Trapped as the villain, a bit like Fargo, if you enjoyed that give it a go.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If this is now a general 'stuff to watch' rather than netflix specific thread, can I recommend 'The Windermere Children' on bbc iplayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dtcz
Caught me by surprise, as I didnt know anything about it and was just flicking channels. Fascinating and moving. Watch out for dust in your eyes though.

The Tourist is also enjoyable. In a very different way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If this is now a general 'stuff to watch' rather than netflix specific thread, can I recommend 'The Windermere Children' on bbc iplayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dtcz
Caught me by surprise, as I didnt know anything about it and was just flicking channels. Fascinating and moving. Watch out for dust in your eyes though.

The Tourist is also enjoyable. In a very different way.
You'll get more conversation on the BBC specific thread

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?352149-BBC-iPlayer-Recommendations

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Dutch war film The Forgotten Battle...as many of you are still reliving WW2 this is one for you. Gritty and some of it in English for those who don't like to read.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw The Lost Daughter last night on Netflix, directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. Its a bit slow, moody and slow... did I say slow ? not much happens and not very quickly either but always beautifully shot with undercurrents of sexual tension and violence and will they won't they interactions. Certainly not as fast moving as Phileas Fogg is currently...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just watched Don’t Look Up based on what has been said on this thread. I will go along with what has been said. Doesn’t involve much thinking and pretty enjoyable.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just watched Don’t Look Up based on what has been said on this thread. I will go along with what has been said. Doesn’t involve much thinking and pretty enjoyable.

For a reasonably low budget film, it's generated more media comment than anything else that I can remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here