Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why can’t the other 17 players train? Why close the entire training centre and not just deep clean it? Like most major offices in the city do every day. Because they WANT these matches called off. **** them, play it.

According to their statement it’s the first team training area that has been closed at the training ground, not the entire training ground :shrug:

Just play the ****ing game.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Absolutely staggered by people thinking the game should go ahead as if football is more important than health. It's not a risk that needs to be taken.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
According to their statement it’s the first team training area that has been closed at the training ground, not the entire training ground :shrug:

Just play the ****ing game.

Imagine how fired up the Spurs u23 squad will be to play a first team game. Nothing to lose. It’ll be like a Cup tie.

I think it won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I might be wrong, but is there not a gap between catching COVID and testing positive?

Yes there is a lag, regular testing on groups of footballers helps to contain outbreaks but it isn't fool proof as we are seeing at Spurs. I am guessing from the way it is being reported that most cases are asymptomatic, then it's even harder to contain as people have potentially got it and don't know it so will have been mixing in the training group at Spurs. The only way to break the cycle when this happens is for everyone in that group to isolate as the potential for more positive tests will remain high all the time mixing is going on.

My brothers workplace has seen a large number of cases over the last week, all office staff had been told to work from home but this wasn't enough to stop the spread among staff who had to be in, so the company took the decision to close until the start of next week to try and break the cycle while staff regularly test at home and those who are negative can return to work.

It's not ideal, and as I said from my own selfish point of view I want the game to go ahead because I can't make Wolves or Brentford, but public health trumps the need to play a football match.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
My feeling is the game will almost certainly be called off and given our injury list this will probably be a good thing for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Uefa have now confirmed Spurs match tonight is off.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Can’t see anything on their website or twitter feed……..being reported by the Athletic though…..

Seems Spurs have forced UEFA’s hand by calling it off. Interesting how this pans out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely we can agree on a 1-1 now ….

This is a huge risk for us, as the game result would be based on the likely score over 90 minutes, with no added time when would we be expected to score? :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
ignore me

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s been confirmed by UEFA a short time ago now.

Weird all round.

Interested to see the fallout from this….def looks like Spurs called it off before UEFA agreed. I reckon they might get the game awarded against them. Sunday will be different - EPL will just postpone, almost certainly today I’d think.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Just a thought but public health really doesn't trump everything. See Tory lockdown policy (until they have no choice), Southern Water dumping human waste in our seas and lots of us damaging the environment with our lifestyle choices. Tend to think power, money and shareholders trumps it all.

Reckon Spurs game against Rennes won't be handed to the French team because Uefa want Spurs in that shit show of a competition and our game will be called off. Not sure it would if us or Norwich for example had no players as it would cause one of the Big 6 a fixture problem.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just a thought but public health really doesn't trump everything. See Tory lockdown policy (until they have no choice), Southern Water dumping human waste in our seas and lots of us damaging the environment with our lifestyle choices. Tend to think power, money and shareholders trumps it all.

Reckon Spurs game against Rennes won't be handed to the French team because Uefa want Spurs in that shit show of a competition and our game will be called off. Not sure it would if us or Norwich for example had no players as it would cause one of the Big 6 a fixture problem.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....off-amid-positive-covid-19-tests?platform=amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....e-game-postponed-due-to-outbreak?platform=amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-villa-spurs-postponed-date-b1785419.html?amp

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here