Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Putin definitely likes a photo with Idiots doesn’t he

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He certainly does.

Untitled.png

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Certainly explains why Trump was so anti NATO for a while. Lucky he is useless and couldn’t damage it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...trump-nato-south-korea-book-b1883457.html?amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s not forget the time Trump blackmailed Zelenskyy either, by withholding $400 million of military aid unless Ukraine was able to provide him with juicy stuff on Biden; he was impeached for this.

TBH seems like lots of murky stuff with Trump, Ukraine and Russia...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
One thing is for sure, the way I voted in 1997, along with millions of others has had a devastating effect on world stability, if only I knew then what I know now.
I’m not sure I can forgive myself, I feel the need to apologise to the world for inflicting that on the planet.[emoji20]
I’m sorry.

If you can't forgive yourself do something about it.
You certainly won't be missed round here and I doubt in your own household too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Could these 3 scamps fit in there somewhere?
377780e30b63b37aeaadefe39c8ec06b.jpg

There is an awful lot that isn't in the public domain about how our security services under Blair foiled a number of attempted attacks on UK soil on "enemies" of Putin.

The Governments position at the time was to keep him close and engaged, because the only thing that Putin "respects" is strength.

He focuses on (and is obsessed with) with weaknesses in foreign Governments which is why we are in the position we are in now.

For all their massive foreign policy mistakes they had a much better handle on Putin that anyone since..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you can't forgive yourself do something about it.
You certainly won't be missed round here and I doubt in your own household too.

You really should tone it down a bit please and think before you press ‘submit reply.’ NSC is not the place for this sort of nasty stuff.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Up until the 1990s, the Tories repeatedly alleged that the Labour Party was funded by the Russians, and that a Labour government would thus be subservient to Moscow.

How things have changed!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Up until the 1990s, the Tories repeatedly alleged that the Labour Party was funded by the Russians, and that a Labour government would thus be subservient to Moscow.

How things have changed!

I remember those days, when the leading Conservatives actually believed that Conservatism was best for the country rather than Self serving Opportunism ???

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I remember those days, when the leading Conservatives actually believed that Conservatism was best for the country rather than Self serving Opportunism ???

I almost look back nostalgically to the era when there were some decent (genuinely One Nation) Tories, who had a conscience and a bit of compassion for the less well-off, and accepted that the rich, privileged and powerful had a sense of public service and duty-of-care towards ordinary British people; people like Ian Gilmour, Francis Pym, Chris Patten, Douglas Hurd, James Prior, etc.

Thatcher denounced them as 'wets', and in today's Right-wing (English Nationalist) Conservative Party, they'd be called 'Marxists' or 'Commies' :mad:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here